Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: MAJOR MOD: NAV hacks / Entertainment System

I don't know if the PTR7 can be configured within the proper pulse rate, voltage, drop, duration, etc. I tested numerous circuits which didn't work before I found the proper circuit design so I suspect the NAV is particular but there might be a way to do it. For anyone technical enough to program a prebuilt relay switch they can probably build their own device from my plans and $10-15 in parts, and for those that can't solder I have been selling them pretty cheap at $50 which barely covers my costs and time. I am also working on a new circuit to enable the second video input and I always ship my newest design with each unit.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

Wiley
Has anyone tried the PAC TR-7 module to simulate the speed wire yet?
Not as cheap as DIY but didn't think about it until I did the pop out tailgate mod.
I know this works on the Alpine units
I don't have a Alpine unit but my understanding on how the TR-7 unit do to fool that unit is very different that how the Wilee kit does to fool our stock nav units speed pulse circuit. Guess in simple terms the Alipnes are much easier to fool into working since its only looking for negative(-) trigger in a particular order and time sequence on the speed pulse wire and brake wire thus allowing it to be bypassed.
I have built one of Wilee modules but have not had time to put it in yet for the last month or so. I would be interested in Wilee's new circuit design to add that second video input for sure and look forward to what he comes up with there.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Wile E

How did you enable the video input while driving? The links to your wiring diagrams are dead. Thanks.

*edit* I found a sticky that contained the pin outs for the nav unit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm having a bit of trouble with WileETundra's pulse circuit.

In the schematic, he indicates that nothing is connected to the wiper of the potentiometer. That doesn't make sense to me electrically, and if you look at the photos of his boards, it appears that pin 8 etc. is indeed connected to the wiper of the pot.

Has anyone actually built one and can comment on this? Or, WileE, is there a schematic change?

·
Registered
70 Posts
In the schematic, he indicates that nothing is connected to the wiper of the potentiometer.
I can't believe I had to go back and look at the app notes for a 555, but it's been an awfully long time since I've worked with analog electronics. For those who are interested, pin 8 (and it's associated connections) should definately be connected to the WIPER of the potentiometer.

In my case, I'll pull the pot, rotate it 90 degrees (I'll have to extend the legs a bit) and replace the IC and hope for the best.

Despite the little diagram confusion, thanks still be to WileETundra for figuring out the timing and pulse arrangement in the truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts

OK gang. I am in the middle of developing a website for my Tundra. Not because it is great or anything but because I am getting a lot of PMs, emails, questions, etc. about various mods. I decided to just write each mod up in full detail and post on a website which is easy to navigate without sorting through all the threads and posts. As part of this I do have a bunch of photos of my NAV mods described in this thread. I am still working to put the final finishing touches on the NAV install to make it super-perfect but here are a few pics as a teaser to hold you over... ;)

And before anyone gets upitty... no I am not going to stop posting on this forum. My personal Tundra website is just to house the high-res photos and keep copies of the relevant mod info organized all in one place. It will feature lots of links back to this forum which I think is the best place for questions, sharing, tips, discussions, debates, etc. My website is just going to be a few simple content pages, no ads, no contact info, and the only links will come back to this forum.

Wilee

I need some help. Please help me get rid of the "I agree" and inability to enter destination while moving on my 2007 Tundra. Please email me at [email protected]. I will be glad to pay you. Please help me!

TJ

·
Registered
82 Posts

Update on the Speed Sensor bypass / Check surroundings disclaimer:

I also experimented with modifying the firmware to edit or remove the "check surroundings" message superimposed on the backup camera input. I was able to find and edit the text strings in the loading.kwi file with a binary editor but I can't get the modified file to load completely in the NAV. I suspect that one or more of my changes broke a checksum digit or included one too many or too few characters which corrupted the database pointers. Anyway I am still working on it in hopes of finding a solution or inspiring someone to beat me to it.
I did it, I have removed the "Check surroundings for safety" message from the loading.kwi file. I am not sure if it only worked because I used loading.kwi version 5.1 and wilee was using v6.1 or not, but I did it a little differently than he did and just burnt a new hybrid disc with loading.kwi 5.1 that I modified and maps version 9.1 and everything works great and there is no longer any sign of the warning when I put my truck in reverse. So this should work great for watching videos as well, but since I dont have mine set up like that yet I can't say for sure. I'll be sending this to wileetundra so that he can test it and then I can modify all of the other versions for you guys that have speed pulse generators and don't use the override on a hybrid disc.

LOADING.rar

Next I am planning on finding and raising the MPH limit that locks out the functions while driving from 4mph to around 100 or something.

Remember after you burn the new disc, you need to treat it like a new disc and disconnect the battery for a while and then reconnect it and let the new software load.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any updates on increasing the lockout speed?

I did it, I have removed the "Check surroundings for safety" message from the loading.kwi file. I am not sure if it only worked because I used loading.kwi version 5.1 and wilee was using v6.1 or not, but I did it a little differently than he did and just burnt a new hybrid disc with loading.kwi 5.1 that I modified and maps version 9.1 and everything works great and there is no longer any sign of the warning when I put my truck in reverse. So this should work great for watching videos as well, but since I dont have mine set up like that yet I can't say for sure. I'll be sending this to wileetundra so that he can test it and then I can modify all of the other versions for you guys that have speed pulse generators and don't use the override on a hybrid disc.

LOADING.rar

Next I am planning on finding and raising the MPH limit that locks out the functions while driving from 4mph to around 100 or something.

Remember after you burn the new disc, you need to treat it like a new disc and disconnect the battery for a while and then reconnect it and let the new software load.

·
2015 Tundra TRD Silver
103 Posts
Well behind the instrument cluster you should be able to find an orange wire with green stripe that's the speed pulse signal you will need for your HU.
Good Luck and Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know if the newer Tundras still lock out the use of the Nav while driving?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
About this Discussion
56 Replies
36 Participants
mrawdtsi
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing