Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 2 Camry's. At 2007 and now a 2014. My new Camry started with the back brakes grinding metal on metal. Of course when Toyota looked at it they are telling me my pads are down to nothing and my Caliper? is sticking.... to the sum of $600.00 to fix it. This same issue also happened in my 2007. Is it coincidence that both cars have had a stuck Caliper, thus causing worn pads, grinded rotors and a new caliper, or a quick way for the dealership to makie money off me? Just wondering if anyone knows if this is a known issue at Toyota?

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have a 2010, about 80,000 miles, and have had no brake issues. I have yet to change the pads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Who has worked on your brakes prior to them grinding metal to metal ? The Camery has a very good braking system.. If your Camery gets its routine maintenance at the dealer then a Toyota certified technician should of seen that before it ever started grinding.. Who has done all your routine maintenance in the past? Or who did your brake service or vehicle inspection last ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts