Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals, I have a noise... one of those nagging minor noises that deep down you know is going to someday result in lying under your truck for hours tearing the skin off your knuckles replacing something, lol!

It occurs when accelerating from a dead stop. When they truck shifts from 1st to 2nd it makes a either a click or a slightly louder clunk depending on how hard i pull away. Almost sounds like play in the drive shaft or rear axle but it doesn't happen at any other time. No other shift points or going from forward to reverse gears. Nothing seems overly loose with loads of play under there, no more so than any other vehicle i have owned. Any thoughts? Thx

·
Registered
366 Posts
well my dad has a stock 05 dc and the ticking sounds like its almost under the dash or right under the the hood by the firewall on the drivers side... but on his its only when going up a hill.. mine is way worse and the steeper the hill the louder... music is on can barely hear it but if its the same i feel your pain... i worked at toyota and they have no clue awesome right...

·
Registered
109 Posts
check the steering shaft seal how you do that is that if you lay on your back and look up your shaft you can see were it passes though the fire wall and into the cab there is a seal there and it tears after a wile. All you need to do is replace it and those noises that leek into the cab through the broken seal will be gone thats what it was on my truck the ticking your hearing is just engine noise leaking in i bet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts