Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 tundra 4x4 with just 1500 miles.
I am installing Total Chaos UCA and ICON coilovers set at +1.5 inch additional height from stock. I am leaving the rear stock for now but will add 5100 bilstein in the rear with no increase in rear height.
Do i Need 4 wheel alignment - or just the front wheel alignment.
Should they try to put it back to factory specs for camber/caster toe ?
Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why would you need 4 wheel alignment with a solid rear axle?

2 wheel is fine.

I'm wondering what specs are preferable for an extended travel CO and UCA front setup as well - factory or something else?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
From what ive read for caster - the higher and of the factory spec is best for stability.
as far as toe and camber they recommend dead center of factory spec or middle of toyota factory spec range.

FYI - I am going with firestone which offers lifetime alignment for $139 - incase i need a redo or play with the height of setting in my coilovers or .....

·
Premium Member
2,842 Posts
You need an alignment. You will need an alignment every time you do something to your vehicle which can change the existing alignment. You are changing your upper control arms and you are changing your trim height in the front, both of which will change the alignment.

You need a four wheel alignment. Read this thread for a clear explanation of why.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts