Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my toytec lift just arrived and I was reading through the instructions and they say I need a spring compressor, has anyone ever installed a spacer lift without a sping comprssor? I dont have one and It would suck o get half way through the job and need one. anyone with tips on istalling a 3" spacer lift I would like to here them as I have never done one before. and I'll post before and after pics when I'm done.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I can't answer if it's truly needed...but I would assume it does need it. I have the cheapy $12 spring compressors that harbor freight sells...and they worked just fine (for my other vehicles). I'd spend the $12 and get a set...or run to AutoZone or Kragen and see if they rent them. All of the auto part shops around here rent tools.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Our Autozone guy just loans us their spring compressor whenever we need it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
my toytec lift just arrived and I was reading through the instructions and they say I need a spring compressor, has anyone ever installed a spacer lift without a sping comprssor? I dont have one and It would suck o get half way through the job and need one. anyone with tips on istalling a 3" spacer lift I would like to here them as I have never done one before. and I'll post before and after pics when I'm done.
Please be very careful of the "CHEAP" Spring compressors... We had a Snap On One break on us ,,,,, You Do need the compessor,,,, Please do not try it without one .... I dont want to read about how a 07 Tundra spring killed a guy......

·
Registered
184 Posts
if the spacer goes on top of the mount, then no. but if it goes underneath, then yes. most spacer goes on top of the mount.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Yes you need one for the toytec lift, I had the toytec in my 05 tundra.
I just took the springs off the truck and brought them to the auto shop down the road and they compressed them and put the spacers in for me for only $20. Just the big spacer goes on top of the spring the smaller one goes on the outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts