Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
curious if someone was to buy 285 size tires vs the stock ones they had the 275 will that equate to a 1inch height increase of the overall truck since the tires are bigger?

I ask since I noticed some trucks with 6inch lifts look bigger than another truck that has 6inch lift also figured it was the tire difference such as a 35inch tire vs a 37inch tire increased its overall height to 8inches total (6inch lift with 2inch bigger than 35inch)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
a 35inch tire vs a 37inch tire increased its overall height to 8inches total (6inch lift with 2inch bigger than 35inch)
A 2" increase in tire diameter would only add 1" to vehicle height. There are far cheaper options to add 1" of lift. The difference in a 285 and 275 is .4" in width and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with height.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A 2" increase in tire diameter would only add 1" to vehicle height. There are far cheaper options to add 1" of lift. The difference in a 285 and 275 is .4" in width and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with height.
thx johnny....cant decide on a 6inch lift or a 3 inch lift....I was looking at our fellow members tundra the white one in the tundra forum that is supercharged and man that is the perfect (4.5inch lift) height lift for me personaly, but dont want to spend 3 to 4k on a lift then add in the tires for nearly 5k or so.....

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just my opinion but these trucks look really good with the 6" lift. The leveled look isn't bad but the 6" is bad azz.
yeah I know, but based on the pictures I have seen all over google and here it seeems the bed is useless at that height since its too tall??? Maybe its the pictures and I need to see it in real life vs pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts