Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know GM gives great employee discounts on new vehicles and I was wondering if Toyota did anything similar? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Agent WD-40 said:
I know GM gives great employee discounts on new vehicles and I was wondering if Toyota did anything similar? Thanks.
Yea they do. My mom worked there and we got several discounts from Toyota. Same thing with service people as well, the get a discount as well. Most car industries do. ;)

Brendon

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
When I worked for a Toyota dealer, I could buy 1 Toyota vehicle a year for $100 over invoice. But thaat was Dealer thing; not a Toyota thing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Agent WD-40 said:
I work @ TMMC, we get dealer cost plus $1000 cheque when we submit receipt at the plant. For me it was 4k off my new Tundra.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
4.7 vvt-i said:
I work @ TMMC, we get dealer cost plus $1000 cheque when we submit receipt at the plant. For me it was 4k off my new Tundra.
It looks like according to 4.7 vvt-i if you work at the Toyota factory, then the answer is yes but as far as at the dealer employee level, the answer is no. We do get the dealer deal of $100 over invoice and that is determined by the dealer, not Toyota, but that discount is nothing compared to the programs GM and Ford offer. GM gives the best employee and ex-employee discount of any car maker. The program is called GMS, and the employee can buy it even cheaper than the dealer can, then GM reimberses the dealer. The discount is truely incredible.

I could have bought any GM product I wanted at GMS price, but I still chose the Tundra. :D

Phil

·
Premium Member
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4.7 vvt-i said:
So that is 4k off sticker? I'm assuming the cash back rebates and incentives don't apply also?

Does this apply to any Scion or Lexus vehicle also?

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
All of the big three offer big employee discounts but for a reason. Their inventory levels are out of sight and it's better for them to sell them at a loss than not sell them at all. Gm has far away the highest inventory and is giving employee's a number of purchase discount tickets every month to give to friends and neighbors to help move their junk. The big three has to pay their workers whether they're building cars or staying home so they may as well keep on making product thanks to the UAW :confused: . The day Toyota has to revert to such drastic measures because of a Union :mad: it's time to find another manufacturer.

Larry

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nummi

NUMMI employee gets both GM and Toyota incentives.
For now... UAW2244 contract ends this August, who knows what gonna happen next since Toyota have a new Taco maker down in TJ. Remember NUMMI is the only union plant that makes toyota vehicle and Toyota told us (when I used to work there as maintenance) that NUMMI is an independent company.
GM Family First is a very good program, but never had the need or care for it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Agent WD-40 said:
So that is 4k off sticker? I'm assuming the cash back rebates and incentives don't apply also?

Does this apply to any Scion or Lexus vehicle also?
Yes, thats right, 4k off sticker.With our 15% tax in Ontario its about 5k less than full price. The only incentives here in Canada are finance rates(which aren't that good) apply to us.When I compare the discount GM and Ford give, 4k off isn't very good for someone who works for the company.
We get the same discount for Lexus RX330 only as it is the model that we produce here and we don't have Scion in Canada yet.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I get a discount at Lexus,haven't taken advantage of it for myself yet (can't afford it). But I did get a great deal on a GX470 lease for my mom.
Our affiliate Toyota dealer didn't give me much of a discount,they reamed me just like their normal customers :td:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Brother works at Georgetown, I saved $9000 off sticker on my '04. TMMI had just revised their plan. Toyota's biggest complaint from Employees has been their Employee Discount. The old plan was you bought the vehicle and they sent you a check like mentioned earlier. Last I looked GM and Fords plans where nearlly Identical but are slightly better then Toyota's current plan. Difference in the Ford to GM plan was only in the 100s

Toyota does do discount on the Lexus lines but with restrictions that tend to match with demand....SO no discount on a GS400 :mad:

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
wacko said:
Brother works at Georgetown, I saved $9000 off sticker on my '04. TMMI had just revised their plan. Toyota's biggest complaint from Employees has been their Employee Discount. The old plan was you bought the vehicle and they sent you a check like mentioned earlier. Last I looked GM and Fords plans where nearlly Identical but are slightly better then Toyota's current plan. Difference in the Ford to GM plan was only in the 100s

Toyota does do discount on the Lexus lines but with restrictions that tend to match with demand....SO no discount on a GS400 :mad:

Lexus Gs400 (4.0 liter v8) is toast now and old school :D but the new redesigned Gs430 (4.3 liter v8) is a lot better in term of look's and power plant ..Toyota does provide a good discount for it's employees now If i was the Ceo of Toyota Motor Sales I would drive the concept car's to work so nobody else has one and I am the first to set my impressions on it ftx anybody???????:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
:D I meant the new GS.....bad thing about this place is everyone is looking over your shoulder and they have some knowledge and more importantly some free time...........

BTW my DC was loaded to the brim so that was one of the reasons I got such a good price...simply you pay more you save more

·
Schumacher! Need I say more?
155 Posts
don't be so ignorant

LGL002 said:
All of the big three offer big employee discounts but for a reason. Their inventory levels are out of sight and it's better for them to sell them at a loss than not sell them at all. Gm has far away the highest inventory and is giving employee's a number of purchase discount tickets every month to give to friends and neighbors to help move their junk. The big three has to pay their workers whether they're building cars or staying home so they may as well keep on making product thanks to the UAW :confused: . The day Toyota has to revert to such drastic measures because of a Union :mad: it's time to find another manufacturer.

Larry
Larry,
Yes, the union contract is killing GM. The UAW needs to work with management to resolve this issues. Not all unions are structured this way. I am a union member. No seniority, no fat entitlements just work your ass off and get a paycheck-fair. I do the best work in the industry (construction) and will work circles around any non-union scab you send my way. I bought a Tundra because I buy the best product whether it is union made or not. How many FP's at GM draw a paycheck for doing basically the same thing as the guy down the hall? How many exec's are "juiced in" at GM because their frat brother's daddy was a big-wig? Come on, it is just more Republican bullshit propoganda that all unions are bad. And when you mention a union negatively, any union, it is stereotyping which is just as ignorant as racism. Do I think the UAW needs to give back. Hell yeah. Does the owner of my company make a boat-load off my sweaty ass. Hell-yeah. Please watch the negative union talk and tell Pallenty (spell?)to get some balls and sign the transportation bill so we can get some decent roads here in MN.
Thanks.

·
Retired Contributor
2010 Tundra/2015 4 Runner/2007 Prius
5,942 Posts
Back in 1992 i bought a new 1992 XLE Camry for " $100 over cost" (in Nevada)
2 months later i found the same car (In California for $2000 cheaper) :mad:
Toyota Employee discounts suck.
The individual dealer gives you a better deal. Depends on the dealer you work for and how they treat you.
When i bought my 2002 tundra and 2004 sequoia, I stole them :devil: . I am also working for a different dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
sevenpedaler said:
Larry,
Yes, the union contract is killing GM. The UAW needs to work with management to resolve this issues. Not all unions are structured this way. I am a union member. No seniority, no fat entitlements just work your ass off and get a paycheck-fair. I do the best work in the industry (construction) and will work circles around any non-union scab you send my way. I bought a Tundra because I buy the best product whether it is union made or not. How many FP's at GM draw a paycheck for doing basically the same thing as the guy down the hall? How many exec's are "juiced in" at GM because their frat brother's daddy was a big-wig? Come on, it is just more Republican bullshit propoganda that all unions are bad. And when you mention a union negatively, any union, it is stereotyping which is just as ignorant as racism. Do I think the UAW needs to give back. Hell yeah. Does the owner of my company make a boat-load off my sweaty ass. Hell-yeah. Please watch the negative union talk and tell Pallenty (spell?)to get some balls and sign the transportation bill so we can get some decent roads here in MN.
Thanks.
So let me get this straight, you can use a term like "non-union scab" and then make a blanket statement like "And when you mention a union negatively, any union, it is stereotyping which is just as ignorant as racism."

So what is "non-union scab" a compliment?

I have been in unions and worked for both union and non-union companies. I will admit that I am probably biased against unions because I believe, for the most part, they have outlived their usefulness. I'm a working stiff and don't own a company, but companies exist to make money, period. There is a sentiment in this country that somehow making money makes you "evil" (that's the Democratic bullshit propoganda). Are there bad companies? Absolutely. Are there bad unions? Absolutely. You can't ignore the fact that unions have had their share of scandal.

And talking about nepotism at GM??? Are you really going to say that nepotism isn't just as prevalent in unions? Please..........

There are two sides to every story and generally, both sides usually partially right and partially wrong.

I don't intend to or want to start a union/non-union flame war. However, you had your say and I've had mine. Let's shake hands and have beer.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I see HERE that GM is now offering its employee discount to all customers.

Man it must be rough at GM to be in such a bind they almost give their vehicles away. I love my Toyota which is in demand!

·
Registered
5 Posts
WHO's ignorant????

Anyone who would use the word scab has no right to turn around and invoke stereotyping and racism in their arguments. You have no right to call ANYONE ignorant either, when you can't even spell your own governor's name! I work in a plant that employs both union and non-union construction workers, and I can tell you, it is easy to tell them apart. The Union guys are the ones out on the road smoking all day while their non-union counterparts work, so I doubt you outwork a slug. When they are actually on the premises, the union guys shamble around at a snails pace and are surly and unaccommodating to their customer. Apparently, a sense of entitlement comes with a union card. Wake up and smell the coffee! Unions have destoyed America! If not, Toyota, Nissan and Honda would never have even gained a toe hold in the market. I'll bet all your union buddies ride you big time for driving a "Jap Wagon". You don't deserve to have a Toyota- you ought to drive a Chevy like the rest of your lame, lazy, ignorant red-necked union slob pals.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
sevenpedaler said:
Larry,
Thanks.
I've worked in the trades early in my career and in management in my latter years so I've seen labor from both sides before I retired,so I'll just
leave it at that. If all the money collected by the State (Minnesota) from Vehicle sales taxes, gasoline taxes, drivers license fee's, vehicle registration fee's were directed back into transportation instead of siphoned off for entitlement programs we'd have the best transportation infrastructure in the country.

Larry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts