Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The debate of silver vs white has been brewing amongst my friends and family. I am getting silver, but white is a close second.

Would you get a different color Taco if buying again today?

·
Registered
101 Posts
The debate of silver vs white has been brewing amongst my friends and family. I am getting silver, but white is a close second.

In '03 I was looking for a white Tacoma with the options I wanted. I Only found silver (lunar mist metallic). Very nice looking. Got the silver truck. Shortly afterward, I got a good scratch that I wanted fixed. A good bud that owns a body shop wouldn't even quote me on the fix. Plus, he said, it's a real bitch to get a match with silver without multi panel blending. Then the clearcoat costs, etc. He did wonders on my GF's cream colored G35 before she turned it in. Solid colors, not metallics are easier to deal with. BTW, his shop serves most of the high end dealerships in the area. He told me to touch it up and live with it. Anyway, I got white this time around, which is what I wanted in the first place. Much easier to repair, if that matters to you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a silver 05 DC Tacoma and I do not regret for a moment getting silver. I have used the factory touchup paint and it works as well as any other color I ever had. I guess since coming from a black truck the silver is so much easier to maintain. My wife has a off white Explorer and I prefer my silver over her white any day.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i had the same color debate when i was buying mine, and i was going to go with the silver, but i didnt only because i previous vechicle, my beloved honda, was silver. i got white and definitely happy i did. cant see dirt, scratches, and dents dont show up and i like the fact that its super white, not a pearly white.

Go with the white!

·
Registered
290 Posts
My choice: speedway blue and no regrets. I wanted a color few people had, I was sick of owning the same color as everyone else. I did the same thing when I built my house;everyone in the neighborhood has a red or brown brick and I built a gray-white brick. Love that too, and both stand out from a crowd.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also ended up with a speedway blue 2007 DC Sport 4X4. Actually was dealing on a Dark blue one and it sold the day before i went to buy it! They just got this speedway blue one in the day before, and it was the only sport they had. After test driving it, i was very skeptical about the color. We sat down at his desk with it sitting right out his window starring in at us. It looked very sharp the more i kept looking at it and i bought it. I wasn't still convinced on the color but it has grown on me to where i think its the sharpest looking one they make. Very few around and i never have a problem finding it in a parking lot, lol! So I'm the opposite, started off with regrets and now love it, but im always one for something out of the ordinary! Thats why i ended up with a sport taco in the first place!

·
Registered
14 Posts
It was between silver and black and i chose silver mainly because my younger brother has an 06 black tacoma and i thought having two black trucks would be kinda weird.Realistically i wanted white and would have gotten it if they had one but every time i mentioned it people would shoot me down saying it would look like a contractors truck but i think white looks really good on the Tacoma's.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
If I could have found one like the one I have and as good a deal in silver, I would have chosen the silver... But black is nice too, when it's clean... Silver can be a bit dirty and still look clean...

·
Registered
447 Posts
love my silver prerunner also!! previously, i had a white f150,wanted a silver @ the time, but the white was the only sport they had, and my wife had a black mustang, got rid of it, and bought a silver honda accord(her favorite car in the world), vowed never to buy a black vehicle again(really cant keep them clean), so we both have silver now, and it works good for us!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I went with in Indigo Ink (dark blue) DC Sport 4x4 and I'm pretty happy. Silver is getting played out if you ask me. Everyone's got a silver car nowadays. The indigo shows dirt and pollen similar to black, but when it's clean, it looks slick. If they still used that dark forest green color, I would've gotten that. I heard that was one of the least popular colors, but I've always liked green.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I went with black.

I had initially thought about white or grey for a bit, but then I noticed that every other Taco/Tundra is white or grey and that sorta turned me off. I don't like red trucks, Mink Pearl looks too old-man, and Speedway Blue looks like a Dodge Dakota. That left dark blue and black.

I originally wanted the dark blue because I figured it'd hide scratches and dents a little better than black would but it would've taken the dealer around 3 weeks to get one in with the options I wanted. They said they could get me a black one in less than a week so I jumped on it.

The draw back to black as anyone knows is trying to keep it clean, but I don't mind.... once you get a certain amount of dirt on it a black truck starts to like you must've had fun, whereas a white/silver one just looks soiled.

·
Registered
108 Posts

Originally my favorite color was Indigo, but for safety reasons I wanted something lighter. My last two trucks were white and I didn't particularly care for silver so Radiant Red won my heart. As it turns out I made the right choice and am very happy with it and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dude, I haven't washed my silver 05 DC Tacoma for two months and it looks great. As far as scratches, I don't have any big ones but I don't know if I would worry about how close a touch up looked.

I love the silver. I used to have a black one, it looked dirty about 3 seconds after I washed it.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Disclaimer: I love silver vehicles! My first and last Toyota trucks were silver (an 87 SR5 Xcab 4WD Turbo & 06 Tundra AC pics in my gallery). This time I broke out of my shell & picked Impulse Red. Very happy with my choice & gonna give it my first wash/clay/polish/wax this weekend. Will post pics up then.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I wanted one of the reds, but I could not find any - I like the Tacoma in indigo ink and black, but my car is black and I'm not crazy enough to have two dark colored vehicles, so I got the easy to find silver streak - it looks really nice when it is clean and it almost never looks dirty, even when it has not been washed in weeks - a real plus in Ohio, since it seems to rain/snow every two or three days here anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
love my silver. low maintenance. no need to wash as often. hides minor dirt and dust well.

supra, silver
accord, silver
3.2 cl-s, silver
mdx, silver
tundra, silver
gsxr, silver
gto, you betcha ima gonna paint her silver too. :tu:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did get the silver after crossing white off my list early on. The red caught my eye and I told the salesperson to bring it next to the silver. Then my sis in law told me the spoiled neighbor boy just received a radiant red from his dad (his brother got a blue FJ Cruiser the same day :eek: ) so I picked the silver....which is indeed everywhere, but I am also thinking about resale in 10 years.

And I went from the SR5 V6 model to the TRD Off Road package.
As of this moment I have serious buyer's remorse but admittedly I get BR after spending over $30 on jeans, haha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also debated Silver & White when I bought my '06 Taco in December. I always have had white cars I think they look clean and sharp. But for some reason the White Taco was just not right. I went Silver and I love it. It's looks great, when I see a White Taco I'm glad I went silver.

But get a White one because there are way too many silver ones running around.
FlagTaco

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have silver now and don't regret it, but If had to do all over again I would go with the indigo ink pearl blue. It looks much slicker when clean. Then silver is easy to keep clean though.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts