Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,
i was searching the web googling different word's/wording's.
and bingo.
i think this should help many.:tu:

www.pure-gas.org

the place i found was listed marina 1, in deerfield beach.:D
there is also another, but that might be a bit out of the way.

for now, at least we all have a list.
i'm sure they is more.
i hope this help's, if you would like pure gas, NO ETHANOL.
regards,
gorilla

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
See, now you can fill up with pure gas and see how much you going to get out of truck.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Cool!!! I thought all stations were adding ethanol to there gas. I am going to go fill up with some "pure gas" today and see if I get better mileage. Thanks for the post!!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Many marinas still sell pure gas as ethanol is not good for boat motors.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Ethanol free station I buy from isn't listed

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi everyone, thankyou to all who gave me points for this. :)
this is what i've been talking about, adding value to this web site, by it's members.
having posted something of value.

we make the site, & we need to help other's.
i belive this was a great helpful find.
i truely hope many of us, can find 1 not to far from our work & or home,
even if it's just to test out the theory.
get the gas down to a low level, & put in some gas, no need to fill your tank.
you should notice a difference in time, or maybe immediatly.
who know's. it's been said that pure gas, will increse our mpg. well here's the list, many of us will try it.
and we can gather real data. although many mod's have been done, but some are still stock.
it would be great to know which get's better mpg.
good luck guy's/girl's.
i'm in real soon.
i appreacite the kind comment's.
thankyou,
gorilla

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Just put in 9 gallons of "pure gas" and reset trip A. It was 10 cents more a gallon than my normal "up to 10% ethanol" gas station. I am curious to see my results.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi, i also know the reason why some still sell the pure gas, since i had carb motorcycles. the ethanol will ruin your carb's. so anything that runs with carb's, will run better & last without any issue's with pure gas.
i've been told by riva yamaha, & 3 bike mechanics, & 2 car mechanics. the ethanol eats up the carb's. they also gum them up, & make them build up with shalack. i know i spelled that wrong sorry.
ask people in the business why. hopefully they can enlighten us.
but that is what i've been told. i know because of my bike's.
but i never knew it was being sold still.
now that it is, my hope is to convense some gas stations to bring 1 pump back.
wouldn't that be great?
i'm sure i'm going to pay heavy for the gas, but i'll tell you what it goes for,
when i get there.
thanks again everyone,
gorilla

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
It used to be but I don't know if it's still so that New Mexico used pure gas. I always found better mileage after filling up there on the way east. I haven't been through there since 05 though.
A friend here says that gas from a small airport (Chandler Municipal) used pure gas and many people here use it for small engines, especially if the gas sits for awhile in the tank. Once, my daughter ran low on gas here and the gas stations had very long lines so she went to Firebird Racetrack and filled up. It cost a fortune, but she was in the $ and just needed gas.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Cool find, but I must say booo! No California! I guess that's just because we have all the emission related crap. All these prius drivers who don't know how they are killing the planet more than us driving Tundra's.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I may be an idiot...but my seat of the pants o'rometer thinks I have gained a wee bit of power on this "pure gas".

And you should as per unit ethanol contains LESS energy than gasoline.

Try running an older vehicle on this crap particularly sumpin with a carburetor, it's an experience that's led me to swear off this 10% ethanol SCAM.

Yeah cure our energy dependance! by burning FOOD in our fuel tanks......why what could possibly go wrong?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thank you, Gorilla...........my saws and trimmer will thank you too.......The Deere is even smiling your way.......

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hi everyone, well i drove around today did some business, i was close to home, & the gas staion is on the ocean so i was way out west & i had to drive all the way to the ocean, way east.
so i went straight to the gas station.

when i parked last night after a nice dinner out with the wife, the light wasn't on.
but this morning i got in my tundra, once i started it, it came on.
anyway, i set the trip & i drove around like i said and by time i got to the marina1 boat yard, my gas guage was approx 1/8 past the E(empty)line. my miles were all messed up due to the fact i disconnected my battery last weekend.

i really didn't want to fill it up, but i did. due to the fact i couldn't see the pump.
but i also didn't want to look cheap either & to give it a really fair shot at this.

i didn't know the price & didn't want to ask. the pump was way out on the dock.
i had to back up almost to the beginning of the dock. there hose was extremely long,
& just made it to my filler tube. we weren't to sure if it would reach. i guess not to many if at all come in with a vehicle. they said most people bring gas can's, or bikes, they drive them right on the dock. at least i said: great it reached.

now, the guy say's to me, i don't want to pump it ,due to the fact the nozzle is fatter than my filler tube. no biggie, i'll line it up & fill it myself. since the pump was about 100' from my tundra, there was no way i could watch & put in example 10 gallons. so i continued to filler up.
well i was on a slant, but i was able to put in almost 25gallons.
i think the price was 383 a gallon.
it almost cost me almost 100 to fill it. o'll well, it's for the TESTING.
by the way it was only 90octane!!!!
and it will give the ecu & the mpg a really good estimate of what i'm getting.

so i drove off, and o've course i started playing, as usual & i get on the highway & well you know the limitor kicks in.
i said to myself this is a test, what are you doing?
i won't see any gains, if my foot is pressed to the floor.
not bad, i did about 20 miles home. shouldn't effect it by that much.
now i'll try to stop or honestly limit my play time.

i'm also going to go into gas stations and ask for a pure gas pump, who knows maybe 1 will say yes.
i will try to convense them carb vehicles, small engine, & alot of boats need pure gas.
maybe they will get 1 installed.
i will tell them only a boat yard has it & you will make alot of money.
i hope that get's at least 1 station to put 1 in.
it's worth a shot.

i to belive i feel the difference in power,
but it might be my mind knowing i just spent almost 100 on gas,
so it better do something-POWER or more MPG!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
gorilla

·
Registered
125 Posts
i would not run marina gas in a high performance engine. I have lots of experience with bad gas from marinas. From water to deto.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Many marinas still sell pure gas
absolutely true! i have also found in TN one can find pure gas stations close to rivers and lakes with boat launch ramps too.

and Gorilla,

thanks buddy! i added my local station to the list. this will be of assistance to me as i am getting ready to take a cross country trip in a few weeks and i'll be keeping up with my milage. i have been dreading the thought of having to put ethanol gas back into my tundra after not using it for so long. i'll use the sight you provided to see how convenient it will be to use pure gas stations along the way. :tu::tu:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hi this is no normal rinky dinky marina. they have ship's there. & most likley the cheapest boat they have is 100g's. some 10 million. so i would assume, that they take very good care of there gas. if you seen the marina, you would understand. it's on both sides of the street. it's awesome looking.

well i did try it, & i have doubt it doesn't have water in there tanks.
it might happen to some, but i highly doubt it, at this place. you know when you have water in your tank, you have issue's running smoothly,etc. just like back in the old days.
no problem there either, all you have to do is add the additive, & it's gone.
but it's done, & many will use this list.

water can happen in any gas station, it doesn't have to be a marina.

now the testing of my tundra has begun. let's see what happens.
you all have nothing to lose. it's my tundra.;)

as soon as i have driven a while, & get some data i post it.
i have what mpg i get from full to 3/4 from 3/4 to 1/2 & so on.
so i can use that as a start, than what i put back in.

i also know since i was on a slant,the slant being on the gas side.so the left side of the tundra was down about 2'. so i belive i didn't fully fill it, to bad the truck wasn't tilted the other way, or flat. o'll well at least i got the gas, & let the testing begin.

not sure when i will refill, maybe with more marina gas.
i don't want to just the gun here, let's see what data we all come up with.
cost factor might out weigh the mpg gain, therefore it would be a waste to reuse it.
example if you see 1 or 2 mpg gain. to me it's not worth it.
approx 80 more cents per gallon, depending on where i am.
but if the power & torque is up & the mpg is also up, well it's worth it.
i'm going into several stations & asking them for pure gas. i hope like i said 1 does it. marina gas is alot more money.
gorilla

i would not run marina gas in a high performance engine. I have lots of experience with bad gas from marinas. From water to deto.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts