Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Gen 1 2006 Sequoia. Any issues fitting a 285/70/17 spare tire in the normal spot under the rear of the SUV? I'm guessing it may rub on the panhard bar but not too bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 285/70/17 nitto-ridge-grappler under there. I have the factory hitch and it touches that and clears the panhard by about half an inch. It doesn't go all the way into the hole, but it is tucked up there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any pictures of how tight of a fit it is in there?
No pics, but I dropped the spare the other day to install a new 7 pin trailer wiring harness. It was abundantly clear that that my falken wildpeak at's 285/70/17 are rubbing the panhard bar because it was shiny and new looking where the tire had rubbed off 13 years worth of road gunk. I don't see it as a problem and wouldn't have noticed had I not been doing some work under there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 285/70/17 nitto-ridge-grappler under there. I have the factory hitch and it touches that and clears the panhard by about half an inch. It doesn't go all the way into the hole, but it is tucked up there.
I tried that but with the same result. I didn't feel it was safe and if for some reason it ever came off going down the highway the results would be catastrophic. I considered fabricating a brace to help hold it up there but haven't gotten around to it. I carry it in the rear cargo area.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Disco Teknix!
I noticed that this was the Sequoia section. I have a Tundra that has had 315/75/16s and then 315/70/17s. Here is how the 315s fit on it. I don't know about Sequoias though. Sorry if this doesn't help you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried that but with the same result. I didn't feel it was safe and if for some reason it ever came off going down the highway the results would be catastrophic. I considered fabricating a brace to help hold it up there but haven't gotten around to it. I carry it in the rear cargo area.
Curious why you think it isn't safe? Because its not up higher? Same cable is locking it in at the same tension

1 - 12 of 12 Posts