Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Does anyone actually SELL these?

17K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  shahrezmir 
#1 ·
Looked at the websites of 4+ dealerships in the Philly area and could only find one lonely Land Cruiser. MSRP was $76,000.

Do dealers really stock these, and do they sell for MSRP? Just curious!

#2 ·
There are only 17 in Southeast Toyota region. Buyatoyota.com

My wife wants one. I want a platinum sequoia. Here in Florida they are NOT getting MSRP.

#4 ·
i saw one the other day...but it had a dealer demo tag on it....so they didnt sell that one yet hahaha.

actually i have seen a couple on the roads in dallas but geez...talk about an overpriced truck...give me a sequoia anyday

#6 ·
It blows my mind that they do not come with HIDs. I understand protecting the Lexus marque, but come on......
it blows my mind that u can buy a chrysler town and country minivan with HIDs but not a sequoia or tundra or half the vehicles out there.....

#7 ·
Wow.. 75k...I had no idea that's what a Land Cruiser went for.. MSRP or not.. In that ballpark, pardon me on a Toyota Forum, but how could you not buy a Land Rover instead?? I mean really.. I don't even know how you could compare the two. I'd even buy a Land Rover Sport before I went for the Land Cruiser.. but that's just me -- maybe there are sound reasons why the Cruiser is a better vehicle?

#8 ·
Well they are rare, and all the salesman will tell you that right away. It's the production numbers and imports really. Imports peaked in 2000, with about 15,000 units, hence so many for sale with 100k on them. In 2007, last year of that style production, they were around 3200-3400 units imported. With the new body style in 2008, imports are up, but not much. In comparison, the LX470 sales have been steadily rising as the LC's decline.

I've been looking at a 2005 and they want $36.0 (cpo) and are not budging, and I'm not buying either, maybe somebody will blink. I did get a friendly email yesterday wanting to know if I had bought anything else. Tic...tic...tic...

#9 ·
Wow.. 75k...I had no idea that's what a Land Cruiser went for.. MSRP or not.. In that ballpark, pardon me on a Toyota Forum, but how could you not buy a Land Rover instead?? I mean really.. I don't even know how you could compare the two. I'd even buy a Land Rover Sport before I went for the Land Cruiser.. but that's just me -- maybe there are sound reasons why the Cruiser is a better vehicle?
I used to say the same thing, but when you compare the LC against other luxury SUVs, you do get more power, space, and reliability for significantly less cost.

#10 ·

I know what you're trying to say, but I think that this is more of a North American perspective. If you go and ask people in the rest of the world like Africa, South America, and the Middle East, many of them will tell you that Toyota 4x4's are just as legendary (if not more so in certain respects) than Land Rovers. While I have a certain affinity for the Defender 110, I think that the FJ40 holds just as much heritage.

As far as newer Rovers, the Sport is nice and affordable but it is quite small on the inside and is built to be a street queen comparable to the BMW X5 and such. The only real Land Rover is the Range, and its price tag is quite similar to that of the Toyota Cruiser. While it may command more lay prestige, it certainly looks up to its competitor for durability.

#11 ·
There are only one LC here that I see every day. And about 5 LX570. If I would have to pay that much, why not add few more and get LX?

#12 ·
There are only one LC here that I see every day. And about 5 LX570. If I would have to pay that much, why not add few more and get LX?

IMO, I'd rather get a Toyota instead of a Lexus because I don't like to be flashy. Lexus says "rich" to the average person, while "Toyota" doesn't. Also, if I see a Land Cruiser driving around I say to myself "There is a good chance that he/she obviously appreciates what the truck can do," whereas with a Lexus, I think "There's a rich person driving a luxury SUV that is most likely unknowledgeable about cars in general."

#13 ·
IMO, I'd rather get a Toyota instead of a Lexus because I don't like to be flashy. Lexus says "rich" to the average person, while "Toyota" doesn't. Also, if I see a Land Cruiser driving around I say to myself "There is a good chance that he/she obviously appreciates what the truck can do," whereas with a Lexus, I think "There's a rich person driving a luxury SUV that is most likely unknowledgeable about cars in general."
hmm...i dont think i buy a car so much for what other people percieve me as...i buy what i want. the lexus is a nicer truck for not much more money. i could come a hell of a lot closer to justifying spending that amount money on a lexus than any toyota. heck, i think its ridiculous they think they can get as much for a loaded up sequioa as they do. at the end of the day its still a toyota..not a luxury maker. dont get me wrong they do make a nice truck and i like my tundra with the leather and all that and consider it luxurious but id never say it was a luxury truck... nor would i pay luxury brand prices for it. a toyota is a toyota. not really anything flashy or special so it shoudlnt be that much money. and also to respond to the last statement above, rich people pretty much know as much or more than the "common" folk about what they drive.

#17 ·
rich people pretty much know as much or more than the "common" folk about what they drive.

Having worked in the automotive business for many years (including BMW and Mercedes), I really, really disagree with your statement.

Buyers of luxury brand vehicles, on average, look for 4 things: 1. Does it have leather?, 2. Is the brand prestigious enough?, 3. Does it have the required passenger/cargo room?, and 4. Is it good in the snow? (if applicable).

While these are all good questions, they certainly do not reflect automotive knowledge. If we are comparing the Land Cruiser vs. the LX570, I am more than willing to bet heavily on the premise that the Land Cruiser driver will be more technically knowledgeable. This is, after all, the model we are talking about. I would think this holds true when comparing the 4Runner against its Lexus counterpart, as well.

The very reason for this is that anyone who has spent significant time under the hood of a luxury brand will know that the additional "comfort features" such as sonar, keyless entry, adjustable suspension, and all of the other "optional options" run a high risk of breaking down and/or needing periodic attention.

#18 ·
Well, if you guys keep pushing demand for HID lighting, the big bad burly 4x4s will disappear. Toyota installs HID lights in the Sienna, Prius, Avalon etc. but there's a reason why they don't install it in the LX/LC, Tundra, Sequoia. It's called DOT. There's a reason why the Lexus GX460's headlights look like the pic below:

When infact the GX could've had a similar masculine fascia like its twin, the Prado:

In order to have HID lighting, your headlights have to be a certain height of the ground. Toyota didn't design the ugly headlights on the GX460 to look like that because they were happy about it, they designed the headlights, along with the sagging front end to make the consumers who are HID crazy; happy.

#19 ·
Well, if you guys keep pushing demand for HID lighting, the big bad burly 4x4s will disappear. Toyota installs HID lights in the Sienna, Prius, Avalon etc. but there's a reason why they don't install it in the LX/LC, Tundra, Sequoia. It's called DOT. There's a reason why the Lexus GX460's headlights look like the pic below:

When infact the GX could've had a similar masculine fascia like its twin, the Prado:

In order to have HID lighting, your headlights have to be a certain height of the ground. Toyota didn't design the ugly headlights on the GX460 to look like that because they were happy about it, they designed the headlights, along with the sagging front end to make the consumers who are HID crazy; happy.
yup. pretty much the same deal that happens when people retrofit HIDs into a tall truck... the cut off is too high...but to each his own. :) but yes, thats the reason they dont do it and the reason retro'ing a tall truck isnt any more legal than just a PandP kit.

#20 ·
yup. pretty much the same deal that happens when people retrofit HIDs into a tall truck... the cut off is too high...but to each his own. :) but yes, thats the reason they dont do it and the reason retro'ing a tall truck isnt any more legal than just a PandP kit.
For what's probably the third or fourth time, NO ONE said that any retrofit is legal. Because it's not, and anyone who thinks it is - is an idiot. But if you have two vehicles at the same height with bright lights, do you want more or less control over where the light goes?

I know you understand this, I wonder if you just say these things to try and elicit a reaction from others? :confused:

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.