Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I also would be VERY interested in getting some information about fog lights...

One of the basic questions I have is...does the 2007 LE have the wiring harness in place in advance of any installation or would I ahve to do all of the wiring myself?

The last time I spoke to the dealer about it they claimed that there was no wiring harnes but they could sell me the lights, switch and solenoid...yuck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if a wiring harness is already in there but the kit I bought came with one and the switch for the dash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 07 LE was built in 01/07 and came prewired for fog lights and i suspecet most are. This can be checked by takinf the rock guard off and taking a flashlight and looking where the foglight cutouts are you will see a wire with a connector taped back to itself. Install your lights and plug them in, at this point you will need a relay which will need to be installed in the dash board (see attached doc) and also OEM turn signal/light stalk, which will invlove removing the streering wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
if i wanted to install the push button...instead of the stalk...can i use the prewire setup? pulling off the steering wheel is a little beyond my capabilities.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got mine installed... looks nice!

except yellow halogens dont look as good with my HID's... may change the bulbs to white.

I just threw in my new exhaust tip..

I have a few more things to add onto my car before it's ready for real pictures of completion. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have installed several factory foglamps in 07 camrys, The weird thing is they are all wired from the relay box inside the car to the lap sockets up front...BUT they are not wired from the switch to the relay box, (if that makes any sense).. I usally change the switch and add a relay externally, then wire it to the juction box, I have tried to add the mising wiring but had no success, I dont think its wired inside the juction box

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my camry 07 no harness at all, mine is a year old, no one would install the fog lights Dealers refused independents refused. So I Googled and I got the replacement fog lights from Toyota along with the plastic inserts I would get the 2 screws that mount the light housing on the front bumper assy, these look easy to strip out and not much of a stub to hold the screw if mess up. I used Hella Wireless switch, while I was at it I installed HID bulbs to. It was rather easy job could not understand why I could not find a place to do it for me mostly plug and play.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts