Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had to make it myself i couldnt find any y pipe anywhere, but it sounds mean as **** and it helped alittle in performance.

Attachments

·
Supportive Supporter
1,141 Posts
Looks cool!
What kind of piping is your intake made from? Are the clamps built into it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its some sort of plastic but it seems to hold up and is pretty strong, its from autozone, and the clamps can come off and be adjusted

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats a full ITB setup?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hot air combust more easily and unless its dramatically colder its not gona make a difference where its a, and i know that it has more power but im talking minimal increase like 5-10 hp but even if it dosnt i would pay hundreds of dollars for the sound it makes.

·
1,770 Posts
Cool Hot Air Intake ya got there.
Start looking over an OBDII scanner and look over the IAT. Monitor it in the summer.
Even in the winter time when idling or traffic you'll be sucking in all that engine bay heat.
The stock fan is a puller. It pulls in heat. And you're going to suck in all that Hot air.
Don't be surprised when seeing 140-150+ temps at the MAF/IAT sensor when idling and in the summer.
Put the stock air box back on and be amazed at the reduction in temperatures when looking over the IAT <<< ( Which the MAF reads )

If you're keeping this setup. Make a box/covering (NOT just a heat shield ) for it leading/routing into the fender well to get the outside ambient air temperatures. And not the engine bay heat. On any supercharged engine with a setup like this it would be darn right suicide for an engine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know but its hard to make a shield for something that i mocked up myself and if i did the increase would be very small if any at all, and my temp gauges have not shown any sign of overheating so it should be fine, and no plans of a supercharger anytime soon lol but i wish. the thing i was most after was sound and i accomplished that.

mr_snips is that how yours is setup? if so that is insane!

·
Registered
192 Posts
hahaha...i wish...for the amount of money that would go into that setup i'd rather just supercharge the truck...that setup is 1800 euro...so probably about 3k or so. and ITB really sees gains more in higher rpm use.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,537 Posts
hot air combust more easily and unless its dramatically colder its not gona make a difference where its a, and i know that it has more power but im talking minimal increase like 5-10 hp but even if it dosnt i would pay hundreds of dollars for the sound it makes.
You are painfully misinformed. Engine bay temps are substantially higher than ambient on a regular basis. A differential of 30-40 degrees F is not uncommon.

Further, "air" doesn't combust. The ECU controls timing to match the data being sent from IAT, TPS, VSS, etc, so you aren't in any way shape or form "enhancing" combustion in your engine by running hot engine bay air into the intake.

And, I call BS on the 5-10hp increase claims from that pipe. In fact, you are undoubtedly losing torque on the low end of the RPM band.

If all you want is noise, your shiny tube -- no doubt -- will be louder.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
they maf sensor and vacuum hoses hook up to the tubing on the bottom side, it has fittings for them.

you can have increases of hp throught your rpm band not just at the low end. I use to have only one filter on this setup and decided to put 2 filters, the increase i was talking about was from going from the 1 filter to the 2 filters. i know because my 40-70 times have gone down, but i dont have as much low end speed as stock. and im just alittle bit faster past 70 than stock which is where my truck shifts into 4th at and use to slow down alot.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Its original. Looks like the ones they run on newer corvettes. I bet it sounds crazy with all that open surface area. It might not be best to have hot air but its no worse than a k&n.

·
Registered
139 Posts
route that thing in the fender if possible, that would shut all these guys up. They are correct tho on the temp side, cold air is more dense

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
You are painfully misinformed. Engine bay temps are substantially higher than ambient on a regular basis. A differential of 30-40 degrees F is not uncommon.
Got any comparisons of under hood and ambient temps on a GEN1 while parked and at a few different speeds? Maybe 20 mph, 45 mph, 65 mph?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts