Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures they can post of a CrewMax they've already purchased. I've seen a bunch of photos on the web but almost none from any owners. Although I'll probably buy a Double Cab, I've been waiting to see the CrewMax in person first so I don't have any regrets. Dealers in Conn. have told me at least another month before any CrewMax trucks will be here. If anyone has pictures they could post I'd really appreciate it. Thanks...

·
Registered
435 Posts
You'll be glad to know what I was told yesterday at my local dealer. I went in to test drive my first CrewMax and the sales guy said Toyota had sent word down to all dealer sales departments last week that they needed to sell more trucks, and to introduce dealer-level incentives. Nothing yet from Toyota (rebates, etc.) but that's a start. I asked the sales guy I spoke with about folks who were willing to pay sticker price (MSRP) for a new Tundra. He said they had a few do that, but he's never seen one. He said he only wished he could find a customer that would do that for HIM. I told him to keep the faith, suckers are born every minute, and he laughed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures they can post of a CrewMax they've already purchased. I've seen a bunch of photos on the web but almost none from any owners. Although I'll probably buy a Double Cab, I've been waiting to see the CrewMax in person first so I don't have any regrets. Dealers in Conn. have told me at least another month before any CrewMax trucks will be here. If anyone has pictures they could post I'd really appreciate it. Thanks...
I saw 3 on transport trucks in central florida tuesday.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My local dealer in far NW Oklahoma City just got in two Crewmax's. Both 4x2 SR5s. I test drove one and it drove very much like the Doublecab (I expected that since it's the same wheel base and total length as the DC I drove). As everyone already knows, the back seat is huge. The recline is awesome. I'm 6"1' and even in the fully reclined position (where you move the seat up a good 6 to 8 inches), my knees didn't even touch the seat. And...it reclined more than I thought it would. Long trip in the back seat? NO PROBLEM...sleep city!

Now for the best part. I offered $300 over invoice and they came back with a counter not much more than that! Only caveat is that with my config it will take about 4 months. I'm patient, so that should work for me. Heck, by that time, there could even be rebates available or other incentives.

So...they are certainly rolling in and they are dealing. If they are not at your local dealer today, I'll bet they will be there soon.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
two Crewmax's showed up last night at my local dealer (east side of Houston). one was the silver sky metallic SR5 4x2 with the TSS package (20 inch chrome wheels, chrome tailpipe, and the rear quarter panel stickers). the other one was a white Limited 4x2. 6 disc JBL, tow mirrors, window tint, no nav, no moonroof, nonTRD, no back up cam. the sticker was a little over $40k. the SR5 sticker was a little over $35k. this particular dealer has had several double cabs for a while (anywhere from 5-10). every morning and evening i drive by this dealership and check to see if they have been selling. on an average, i see a couple of new DC every couple of days. i guess that means they are selling.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Both dealerships here are at MAX CAPCITY and no C/M's butthe have a huge lot and new cars are double parked where they used to be single parked!! The FJ's are actually building up an inventory and Larry H Miller/ Karl Malone do a huge Volume and if they don't they are going to be in big trouble, but they have won presidents award like 6 or 7 years!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
The Dealer I bought my last 3 cars from is the largest in the state, and their lot is getting FULL. They have atleast 20 new Tundras on the lot, and only one of their 2 crewmaxs have been sold that are do in next week. I think the next few months are going to be great for carbuyers. The domestic lots are even worse.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
That's good strategic info from the Southwest, etc. Four months to get the configration you want? There's a good chance that these trucks will be at invoice by that time, anyway. What happens if incentives are announced before then? For practical purposes, you don't really have to buy the truck at that point, anyway, so I'm sure there is room for more price negotiation at the time of actual purchase/delivery downward but not upward. Nobody can possibily know what prices are going to do this Summer and Fall. What we do know is that Toyota committed their company to move a lot of trucks. It's not as if they can close plants like the domestics are doing - they just launched.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the link to all those pictures. I've seen most but never all together. I'm planning to get a Timberline Mica so it was a great help to see that as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's good strategic info from the Southwest, etc. Four months to get the configration you want? There's a good chance that these trucks will be at invoice by that time, anyway. What happens if incentives are announced before then? For practical purposes, you don't really have to buy the truck at that point, anyway, so I'm sure there is room for more price negotiation at the time of actual purchase/delivery downward but not upward. Nobody can possibily know what prices are going to do this Summer and Fall.
Yep. Negotiation isn't quite done yet :D . My plan to is wait about 8 more weeks and see what inventories look like at that time. One of the reasons for the long wait was for the Nav system. After leaving the dealership, I searched TS and see that it's not difficult to purchase that aftermarket, so getting the vehicle I want may not be as difficult as I initially thought if I just go with the JBL sound system and add the Nav later.

And I agree that we are likely to see incentives from Toyota in the form of rebates this summer. They really need to sell a lot of the 2007's and I don't see a lot of the GM/Ford/Dodge buyers moving to Toyota without some pricing motivation. That will have to come from Toyota and not the individual dealerships as most in this region are already willing to sell pretty close to invoice. We're fortunate to have at least two competitive dealerships within a 60-mile drive that know how to move inventory :tu: .

And...anyone know how to tell the difference between the 5.7 5-speed and the 5.7 6-speed (besides asking the dealer)? I haven't looked at the stickers all that closely yet, but I assume the tranny is specified on the sticker? I really want the 5.7L 6AT (6-speed automatic transmission). Not sure if the unit I drove had the 6AT or not.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
If it is a 5.7 it has the 6 speed, 4.7 v8 has the 5.

Anyone else think that when the first incentive ($1k reg cab trucks) expires on 4-9-07, we will see something else. I knid of bet we do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If it is a 5.7 it has the 6 speed, 4.7 v8 has the 5.
Are you sure about this? When I go to toyota.com and enter my zip code (73162) to build and price, I see a 5.7L with 5-speed AND a 5.7L with 6-speed. The wierd thing is the 6-speed one is listed as "4x4 CrewMax SR5 Short Bed 5.7L V8 6 Spd Auto" but is listed under the "Tundra Base" category instead of the "Tundra SR5" category. I think the web designers screwed up and put it in the wrong area. As a matter of fact, the "Tundra SR5" category doesn't even show a 4x4 CrewMax SR5 5.7L engine at all. It shows it with the 4.7L.

They Do have a "4x4 CrewMax Ltd. Short Bed 5.7L V8 6 Spd Auto" listed under the "Tundra Limited" category.

I may not be explaining this very well, but if you go on the site and "price and build" with my zip code, you'll see what I mean.

Kind of strange I think, and may be an error (I hope).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Are you sure about this? When I go to toyota.com and enter my zip code (73162) to build and price, I see a 5.7L with 5-speed AND a 5.7L with 6-speed. The wierd thing is the 6-speed one is listed as "4x4 CrewMax SR5 Short Bed 5.7L V8 6 Spd Auto" but is listed under the "Tundra Base" category instead of the "Tundra SR5" category. I think the web designers screwed up and put it in the wrong area. As a matter of fact, the "Tundra SR5" category doesn't even show a 4x4 CrewMax SR5 5.7L engine at all. It shows it with the 4.7L.

They Do have a "4x4 CrewMax Ltd. Short Bed 5.7L V8 6 Spd Auto" listed under the "Tundra Limited" category.

I may not be explaining this very well, but if you go on the site and "price and build" with my zip code, you'll see what I mean.

Kind of strange I think, and may be an error (I hope).

Larry.....all 5.7L have the 6 sp, the main reason being that it gives better fuel economy. The big engine actually has better ratings than the 4.7L

1 - 17 of 17 Posts