Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 CM with 30k and warped front rotors. I heard these may covered by the factory warranty but wanted to know if anyone knows for sure?

Thanks in advanced!

Stephen

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aparently my Tundra's weak spot is the front rotors...I am not sure what strings to pull or how.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Aparently my Tundra's weak spot is the front rotors...I am not sure what strings to pull or how.
defect would be warping.. but trying to argue it will be a fun day.. rotors should last a LONG time.. a LIGHT resurfacing now and again.. but warping is not normal.. proving it to be a defective rotor and not misuse or w/e else they may try to pull will be hard..

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would not bother with Toyota any more. Everyone knows their rotors warp. I've had an '05 and '10 with warped rotors. Go get a good set of rotors aftermaket, ATE, Power Slot, whatever and put them on and not have brake issues anymore.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
i could go on for pages. it comes down to rotors warp because of improper heat, and sometimes cooling. did one warp, both, all, right, left? have you tried simply turning them round again, if so how long until the problem came back? what kind of driving do you put them through? if the front brakes are doing all the work you will have the problems time, and time again. most people over look that, replace every thing and in doing so work out the small tid bit of air in the lines when collapsing the calipers; then blame the parts as the failure. driving down a long hill then parking in a small lake will do it every time.
View attachment 81530

·
Registered
570 Posts
I echo the above. Toyota will not help you. Same thing happened to me, and I took it to the dealer at about 32K, and they said (in effect)... tough crap. I had them machined when I got the brakes done, and it has been much better for now. However, when I replace the rotors, I will get heavy duty after market ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts