Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting Internet quotes of invoice plus $750 plus taxes - out the door. So I'm wondering if the $645 delivery fee is usually considered as part of the invoice cost, or an additional cost on top of the invoice?

My confusion comes from all the online pricing sites (toyota.com, edmunds.com) that state in small print that the $645 delivery fee is not included in the MSRP, yet when you add up all the line items, it clearly is part of the quoted price.

So, which is it - invoice includes delivery, or invoice plus delivery?
If the delivery fee is considered to be part of the invoice cost, then I'm looking at 750 over invoice - a decent deal. But if the delivery fee is usually considered an additional fee above the base invoice, then I'm really looking at $105 over invoice, plus delivery (which I think in non-negotiable) and taxes, which is an even better deal in my twisted sense of logic.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just made a deal for $587 over invoice. Delivery is included in the invoice because the dealer pays that cost and must recoup through the customer. $750 is a good starting point for negotiations. For example, have them drop the documentation prep fee which is just another profit. They will add it to the total after the deal is made. I saved $289 by asking them to drop it. What you want to do is let them know that they are competing for your business and you will take their offer to another dealer to beat. Most of all, negotiate on-line or on the phone - don't enter the lion's lair (showroom) because they will have more leverage in the negotiations (e.g. make you wait, talk to manager...). I'm going to see my Black DC tomorrow at the lot and sign the papers. It will be my first visit there. Best wishes!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Basically true dealers cost on this invoice would be $33731.00+$2628.50=36,359.50/-any other incentives, rebates, college grads I doubt it though getting this for the $38878.50 + a frt fee,doc fee proc fee and of course tax title and tag-any incentives and youll be doing alright.ask to see invoice.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Is that a lease? It looks different than what I've seen in the past.

What is the $708 TDA?

·
Registered
209 Posts
how did you get charged 10.00 bucks for gas? did they take full tank of gas off window sticker?
Basically it's like this-the $38,878.50 is where the dealership will tell you they paid for it, thy'll say thats invoice, but truelly what they paid you and I will never know. For this particular vehicle they paid $33731.00+$2628.50, so thats $36,359.50 and there is another 2% "hidden holdback" that toyota gives the dealerships after the car/truck leaves. Then depending on sales for the month there is a pot I don't know from where, but the deals that customers walked out on-near the end of month they turn around and give them miraculous deals. The window sticker on my truck says "free tank of gas" and all toyota's from that dealership are free. There is gas in those vehicles when they arrive? maybe thats the charge.
Only if you ask! They will flop the invoice in front of you and you will see the difference of $38878.50 and $42461.00 and then theyll say something like "if I could get you this at "invoice" shouldn't I get paid and the dealership make a proffit?" and of course youll say yes $1000.00,$500.00,$200.00, and then when they come back it'll be youre offer+invoice, a frt charge added, proc or doc fee or both! and of course tax title and tags-
Are you still with me?
Some people will catch the destination charge in the invoice and others won't. they'll pay twice.
Based upon all I have written here this being a new truck with limited dealer stock, paying $38878.50+$500.00-$1000.00 over, no more frt,tax.title,tags and you got a good deal.

Now at the end of the year and gas prices are $5.00 a gallon, a $3,000.00 rebate, and dealers with 100's of these on the lot you possibly could get this for$36359.50-minus$3,000.00 rebatecome to $33359.50+tax+titleand tags and you'd have one hell of a deal! Does youre head hurt yet?Don't forget to bring you're credit union check with you.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts