Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been reading alot of older threads about spray on liners vs drop in. Ive decided to get line-x. But one thing I didnt find is if getting line-x would devalue my truck. Would it be considered an aftermarket part which in almost all cases devalues a vehicle? Just incase I wanted to sell my 07 tundra one day.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Not really in the same class as most aftermarket type bolt ons, even though it is permanent for the most part. Only thing I could think of detrimental is if a prospective purchaser just absolutely did not want it, and passed up your truck in lieu of another. The majority of people would be pleased with this add on.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I was very happy to find out my 2000 AC had a sprayed-in liner when I bought it last year. I think most people will be pleased to find out the truck has a Line-X liner.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Line-X or Rhino should add to the value, just like a Snugtop or something...provided it remains in good condition. Incidentally...I have Herculiner, Rhino and LineX on my truck. The skill of the guy doing the work makes a huge difference, make sure you look at examples of their work before choosing a shop. If they screw it up, there goes your resale value.

Devaluing modifications are generally along the lines of lifts and such...things of obvious potentially dubious value.

The original TRD 1st-gen Tundra interior kit is another item which would add to resale value.

Of course since spray-in liners don't cost much to begin with, it's not gonna be something you can ask more for, just something to add to your selling power should you choose to eventually sell it.

-Sean

·
Registered
536 Posts
I did a little research on Spray in bedliners and decided to go with a Bedrug for now. Be aware that Line-X and Rhino use polyurethane which is an inferior product. Look for 100% pure polyurea which is stronger and more flexible than polyurethane.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have had Line-X for quite a few years without a hint of problems. Rhino and Line-X have great reputations.
Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts