Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: The check engine light is on on my 2000 Tundra. I took it to autozone and the code that appears is P0155. I read about the extended warranty on the o2 sensors here ... I called the service dept and have an appt for tomorrow ... the service guy said that sometimes the computer throws this code but its' not the o2 sensors...

Is this possible ? :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/advice....
Doreen

·
Registered
780 Posts
P0155 Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
Problem Areas
 Open or short in heater circuit of heated oxygen sensor
 Heated oxygen sensor heater
 ECM

2000 Through Mid-2002 Model Year Tundra V8 (2UZ-FE Engine) Oxygen Sensor Warranty Enhancement Notice

2000 Through Mid-2002 Model Year Toyota Tundra V8 (2UZ-FE Engine). In recent months, Toyota has received reports of custome concerns regarding the two oxygen sensors located in the exhuast manifolds that monitor exhaust emissions. These oxygen sensors are installed ahead of the catalytic converter and are also known as the Number 1 Oxygen Sensors. To minimize these concers, Toyota will extend the warranty of these oxygen sensors for illumination of Malfunction Indicator Lamp (check engine light) related to any of the following diagnostic codes (as diagnosed by your local Toyota Dealer): PO135 and P0155.

If your check engine light illuminates, please bring your vehicle into your local Toyota dealer for diagnosis and repair. Please note that a check engine light can illuminate for unrelated to the Number 1 Oxygen Sensors.

This warranty extension is offered for a total period of 7 years or 90,000 miles from the vehicle's in-service date, whichever occurs first, for the failure of eiher of the Number 1 Oxygen Sensors. The specific components covered by this warranty extension are:
- Number 1 Oxygen Sensor, Bank 1 (left side exhaust manifold)
- Number 1 Oxygen Sensor, Bank 2 (right side exhaust manifold)
This offer is limited to your specfic Tundra whose VIN is provided and is subject to the same conditions set forth in the New Vehicle Limited Warranty section of your Owner's Warranty Information booklet*, with the exception of the extended warranty coverage on the oxygen sensors listed above. Please note that this coverage is for warranty work performed at an authorized Toyota dealer only.

·
Registered
1 Posts
... the service guy said that sometimes the computer throws this code but its' not the o2 sensors...

A failing PCM will throw a P0155 code when in fact the O2 sensor is fine but the electrical feed to the sensor is bad from the PCM. I've been fighting this problem since 2005 with new sensors and multiple trips back to the dealer with check engine light on. Finally took to a mechanic (not Toyota dealer) who found intermittent power from the PCM to O2 sensor. Sensor heater circuit can't function without power. Big bucks for a new PCM but I'm so tired of the whole oxygen sensor problem I'll open the check book.

·
Registered
192 Posts
... the service guy said that sometimes the computer throws this code but its' not the o2 sensors...

A failing PCM will throw a P0155 code when in fact the O2 sensor is fine but the electrical feed to the sensor is bad from the PCM. I've been fighting this problem since 2005 with new sensors and multiple trips back to the dealer with check engine light on. Finally took to a mechanic (not Toyota dealer) who found intermittent power from the PCM to O2 sensor. Sensor heater circuit can't function without power. Big bucks for a new PCM but I'm so tired of the whole oxygen sensor problem I'll open the check book.
have you bought your pcm yet? if you havent send me a pm

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah, any update yet. I am pulling this code now and will take it in to the stealership to see if they will honor under this warranty update.

let us know how this came out for you and how much the PCM was.

thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ha! My Bank 2, Sensor 1 O2 Sensor is failing. How about that Extended Warranty? Think they'll cover it for 17 years? I'm still under 90,000 miles. (I'm at 84,000). Bank 2 failed a couple of years ago at 69,000 miles.

Yeah... right, I'll just go buy a new one and swap it out, like I did the last one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts