Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened once to me before and it was something with the driver side door switch or door light ..I think ....moved a few wires around and it stopped...now it happened again and I CANNOT lock my door with remote and cargo light stays on..must lock manually and puch cargo light of before I lock. In afraid of draining my battery and help why?

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
That definitely sounds like one of the door switches. The door switches make a connection to ground so a pinched wire could do that also.
Here is the wiring diagram:
interior-lights.pdf

·
Registered
379 Posts
unscrew the switch from the door and remove... if it stops happening, you know it was the switch. If it keeps happening, it's a shorted wire. Do you have an aftermarket alarm or remote start?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
That definitely sounds like one of the door switches. The door switches make a connection to ground so a pinched wire could do that also.
Here is the wiring diagram:
interior-lights.pdf
Always with the diargram/pdf file. I would send points but it won't let me because I sent you too many already.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Before you take it apart, lube them up with wd40, silicone, tri-flow, etc...

This is pretty common in other vehicles.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Always with the diargram/pdf file. I would send points but it won't let me because I sent you too many already.

Added some more for ya. MaylonTRD has always posted great stuff when people ask for help. :beavbutt:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re:Dead Battery..

Truck was off and neighbor said lights just went on by them selves???...When I closed the door the alarm and doors set...now I get the long beeeeeeeeeeeeeep when try to lock doors with remote...what is going on????

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
The long beep means that it thinks a door is open. Both symptoms are the same problem. You have a door switch or wire shorted to ground somewhere.:D

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
OK, based on the question I will assume that you are not an electrician and don't have a volt meter.:beatsme:
Start with the switches first. They are located in the door frame of the cab just below the latch (not in the door itself). They are under a black rubber boot.
You will need a T30 torx driver to remove them. (think phillips head with 6 points)
Remove the torx screw below the switch and gently pull the switch out of the door frame about 1/2". Wait 30 seconds to see if the interior light goes off. If it does, you have found a bad switch.
If that doesn't solve your problem, then you will have to trace the wiring for each switch looking for a wire that is pinched or bare. IF you have done ANY modifications that would be the first place too look.
Hope this helps!:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts