Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me apologize as a new member if this issue has already been addressed on here. I recently bought a used 2000 Tundra and the truck only came with a after market key. When I use the key I can unlock the passenger side door from the drivers side by turning the key twice and the truck has power locks. I am trying to determine if my truck has remote locking/unlocking ability and I did not get the fobs. My truck is a 2000 Toyota Tundra Limited extended cab. Any help here is greatly appreciated and sorry again if already addressed. Thanks in advance.. Gene

·
Registered
747 Posts
Toyota should be able to run the vin and tell you everything your truck came with from the factory. It seems, from other posts, that if you need to get remotes from the dealer, it may be more cost effective to get an aftermarket remote start system that will allow you to unlock remotely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On our bought used and recently sold Rav4 we were quoted in the mid $400's to get a single OEM replacement keyless entry fob from the local Toy dealer. So husband got to live without one for the past 5 years. I now see them and for the Tundra on Amazon for 1/4 that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Susande... I actually found the fob for around $25 just don't want to get it until I determine if I actually have the remote lock/unlock feature. It is at the mechanic right now for him to take a look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks asc08 but that was the first thing I tried. They could not even find my vin in their system then went on to tell me that the feature was not offered in that model. Found out later that it is an available option so I am still looking. Hopefully my mechanic can solve the mystery today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts