Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I read about these failing before, anyone else have these fail? They are the part that keeps your door open or partway open, basically if our seq is parked facing uphill the rear doors do not stay open. Also if the kids push them open in a parking lot they do not stop partway, they freely swing in the wind into the vehicle next to us. I am wondering if anyone has removed and fixed the door checks or do I just need to order new ones? I'll probably open up a door and check it out soon before I place an order.

· Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toyota calls them a "door check" I had to look on a parts site to figure out what to call them in my post. My 85, 87, 92 and 99 4Runners and pickups never had this problem and the Sequoia front doors seem fine, and they get used way more! Anyway I took the checks apart and am building them differently, should have it figured out next time I go in the garage, maybe tomorrow.

In Canada here they are $153 list each!! - what a scam for a piece of crap part

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.