Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having moved from my 05 Tundra to the 07 I have had concerns about the lack of the door protector strips. I had zero door dings on the 05.
I like the sleek look of my 07 but I find myself parking way out in the boonies to avoid some dumb a$$ opening his/her door into my new truck. :mad:
I was hoping the running boards would stick out far enough to field some of the blows. Don't think so.

What has been your experience so far?

Bill

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I like to get my initial door dings out of the way early because it saves so much subsequent consternation in the long run. The best thing would to get a whopper of a dent early on. Then, any subsequent door dings are of no consequence. My current truck has so many scratches and dents that I don't even bother looking for them. Same goes for small winshield cracks. It's the best thing about driving around a truck that is several years old. ;)

I had a friend, once, who carrying a chainsaw around in his two week old truck and accidentally scratched his door. It was a big, long, deep, highly visible gouge that really couldn't be repaired in any way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lift it a few inches then the running boards will protect you and you can park in all the close compact spaces you want.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got my first freaking door dings on my first week I had my Tundra...I was so mad it happened at Home Depot....I'm glad the dent man fixed it like there's nothing happened for $75....

·
Registered
621 Posts
I took a decent size rock in the hood today. Left two small paint chips right next to each other. Shiz happens. If it gets to looking bad I will have the local body shop fix er up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.