Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having moved from my 05 Tundra to the 07 I have had concerns about the lack of the door protector strips. I had zero door dings on the 05.
I like the sleek look of my 07 but I find myself parking way out in the boonies to avoid some dumb a$$ opening his/her door into my new truck. :mad:
I was hoping the running boards would stick out far enough to field some of the blows. Don't think so.

What has been your experience so far?

Bill

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I like to get my initial door dings out of the way early because it saves so much subsequent consternation in the long run. The best thing would to get a whopper of a dent early on. Then, any subsequent door dings are of no consequence. My current truck has so many scratches and dents that I don't even bother looking for them. Same goes for small winshield cracks. It's the best thing about driving around a truck that is several years old. ;)

I had a friend, once, who carrying a chainsaw around in his two week old truck and accidentally scratched his door. It was a big, long, deep, highly visible gouge that really couldn't be repaired in any way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lift it a few inches then the running boards will protect you and you can park in all the close compact spaces you want.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Agree, with the paintless dent removal. Those guys are real artists. my Lexus is in the shop right now getting all the dings and dents removed prior to sale.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got my first freaking door dings on my first week I had my Tundra...I was so mad it happened at Home Depot....I'm glad the dent man fixed it like there's nothing happened for $75....

·
Registered
621 Posts
I took a decent size rock in the hood today. Left two small paint chips right next to each other. Shiz happens. If it gets to looking bad I will have the local body shop fix er up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts