Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever seen this before? I just noticed it this week. I am surprised I did not notice it before since it is the drivers door. It's not like it isnt noticable which makes me wonder if it just happened. The door does not look dented so just wondering if replacing the door handle is the solution. I would hate to buy a new one only to find I still have the same gap between the handle and the sheet metal. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Have you tried removing the handle and re-installing the seal? try the dealer if the seal is broken, sometimes you can get small things like that for a fraction more than at a junk yard. easy fix would be to glue it back in place...

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, the pics are not very good. I could not really see with the glare from the sun. I was trying to get a top view to show the gap between the plastic and the door. The gap is pretty big. That is what caused the gasket to lift. Just not sure what caused the gap and do I need to replace the handle or will that change anything. I am pretty sure that once I buy a part, I cant take it back.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
oh thank you for clarrification... You could pull the door pannel, wind up the window and see if there are some nuts or clips that came undone and just fasten them. Again these MIGHT be a little pricy but get them new from the dealer. I got some clips from a junk yard for my weather strip and they broke second day... LOL

I would start there, good luck!!!!

(Thank you Spencer)

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The handle does not appear to be loose. I dont see any flex when I pull on it. The gap only seems to be right in the middle where the gasket is lifting. I am assuming the bolts that secure the handle are on the edges and not in the middle so that is what's puzzling about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts