Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to buy a Glide Vertical Door Kit. Before anyone downs it, let me say I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE VERTICAL DOORS. I like them and I'm putting my truck in shows, I have a 3 inch lift with 34's on it. I just need somthing to set it off from other lifted tundra's.

My qustion is, will the glide door kit fit without having to do any mods to the body? The kit says to be universal, but on some automobiles body mods might need to be made. I know people who put it on a truck and it bolted staight on it was a chevy. does anyone know if it is a direct bolt on or not for the tundra?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
There are many companies that make these kits so just make sure you are getting one of the better ones or else you will have a hard time getting in and out of the truck. Alot of these kits only have the door open a little bit blocking half the door opening and getting anything in and out is hard.

You want to find a kit where the door is actually vertical to the ground when fully opened. I will try and find what kit we installed. I know it worked well for what it is.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Here you go

See how much room he has to get in and out?

I wonder if he can even open the rear doors when the front ones are open? Looks like they would hit.

Maybe the rear doors should lambo in reverse or even suicide.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
If you're over 200lbs forget about ever getting back into your truck after getting the doors.

But to answer your question, there will be body work required by the door, but I doubt it would be on the exterior. The work is mostly done in the door jam, which would have to get repainted.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
This was posted in the Chrome fuel door thread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts