Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any problems with the drivers door not locking, i have to lock the truck manually, and i cant lock or unlock the drivers door from the key fob...every other door works and unlocks but the drivers door. Is the door lock just worn....and how much work is it to replace, Im refering to the small roller and motor that locks the door, right above the lever to open the door from the inside...Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
Try lubrication first. I have seen a lot of actuators seize from rust over the years. ( They are a solenoid ) Lubing the lock , the
latch and the plunger on the electric lock solenoid may cure it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Try lubrication first. I have seen a lot of actuators seize from rust over the years. ( They are a solenoid ) Lubing the lock , the
latch and the plunger on the electric lock solenoid may cure it.
Yep, good advice. My passenger door seized up in the lock position one day. Couldn't get it unlocked even manually for like 4 days...and when the door won't open you can't pop the panel to do surgery:mad:. Anyway, I went out and hit some mean washboards while my wife tried to bush the lock lever and it finally went. Popped the door panel and lubed everything with white lithium grease (lock mechanism, door handle mechanism, EVERYTHING) and all was well. It took about a month for the smell of the grease to go away (probably not good for brain cells) but it still works now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts