Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the door panels remove in the 07s? I have a DC and I am replacing the stock speakers 6x9s in the front and need to remove the door panels.. before I screw anything up I thought I would check here first..Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got the door panel off for anyone who was going to respond thanks anyway....now to get the new speakers in. I can't believe how cheap these factory speakers look there is a small probably 1 inch diameter magnet on them and it says Made in Mexico 4-ohms 20 watts I amazed they sound as good as they do..now I really am anxious to get the replacements in there it should make a big difference with the amp I'm adding also.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ahh man... you figured it out.. I was waiting to hear as well... I noticed the small round plug up top by the mirror which I did remove, but I was scared to reach in and pull the panel. are they just plug/clips along the bottom.... Any help would be great, I too didn't want to pull things apart and have lose rattling things when done...

What type of speakers are you putting in?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is how I did it...You need to remove the piece of felt that covers the well in the armrest where you pull the door shut and there will be a screw in there to remove..next behind the door handle pry out the piece of plastic trim cover it just pops out easily with a thin blade screwdriver and there will be a scew there also then you will need to remove the trim piece next to the mirror triangular shaped piece this piece is held on with clips and pops off... then pull the door panel out towards you there are the standard style clips on the back of the door panel and lift up it will help to lower the window all the way down... it sounds like alot but it is quick and easy..be really careful when you pull the panel as there are cables for the door lock and the door handle which will need to be popped off also as well these are almost like bicycle cables and pop right off also the wiring connectors for the power door locks and windows (if you have them) pop right out off their connectors and be careful of the courtesy light connector it is a small one if you have it on the bottom rear part of the panel it unplugs also..as far as Speakers I have 2-way MB Quart 6x9s with a Kenwood amp and Navone speaker output to line level converter to run the factory head unit speaker outputs with my Kenwood line inputs..I used the Quarts before in a Dodge ram I had and they were nice and smooth and very punchy not woofy but a nice tight low end they work well for not having a sub.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks bud,

That gives me some direction forsure, at least I won't be scratching my head and drinking beer all day trying to figure it out. :eek:

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Theres a thread in the audio section on how to do the speakers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a way to remove the door panel on the passenger side front door on a 2007 Tundra with the door closed. My door will not open at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts