Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, anyone here purchased any aftermarket painted side moldings for their '08 up sequoia. i'm not sure if there is an oem one? i have a dimple size ding on my driver side that i would like to cover up with the moldings. I don't want any ding doctors to fix the ding.

any help would be greatly appreciated, or if you have pictures please post them up...:D

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
eeww...1980s are over fyi.

wonderin why u dont want a dent doctor place to fix it? its cheap and tey can pop it right out where its undetectable and back to new....much better than sticking some pep boys style molding over it...

·
Registered
48 Posts
hello, anyone here purchased any aftermarket painted side moldings for their '08 up sequoia. i'm not sure if there is an oem one? i have a dimple size ding on my driver side that i would like to cover up with the moldings. I don't want any ding doctors to fix the ding.

any help would be greatly appreciated, or if you have pictures please post them up...:D

I have molding:)

Toyota Sequoia

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have them on my 08 plat, I don't mind the look but one problem they have is that at highway speeds air gets in them somehow and lifts them slightly off the body, so you get this "rata tat tat" noise, it is very noticable. Maybe its just mine, but they appear to be installed correctly and the dealer said "it's the way it was designed" ie poorly.

I don't do a ton of highway so I tolerate it, but I may try to come up with a fix to try and dampen the noise.

Good luck

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I have them on my 08 plat, I don't mind the look but one problem they have is that at highway speeds air gets in them somehow and lifts them slightly off the body, so you get this "rata tat tat" noise, it is very noticable. Maybe its just mine, but they appear to be installed correctly and the dealer said "it's the way it was designed" ie poorly.

I don't do a ton of highway so I tolerate it, but I may try to come up with a fix to try and dampen the noise.

Good luck
yeah thats BS nothing on a vehicle should get air behind it and cause it to flop in the wind...all its going to do is chafe the paint its supposed to protect...find another dealer or something thats ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I normally hate molding, but my TL came with it and I was surprised to find I like how it breaks up the long body.

The Sequoia, however, I think is too much like a squashed hoagie roll...it really needs the illusion of height in the side panels.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I added OEM mouldings to my 2006 Avalon LTD. I installed them in about 10 minutes. They use a super stength double-stick tape that if properly installed (paint cleaned with solvent per instructions) they should never come loose and flap in the wind.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Those don't look too bad actually! I think because they aren't overbearing :)

THIS is the crap I hate...

yup. but the 80s loved them...thats why that decade kept them and forbid them to live on!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts