Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I was working on my boat last night in the garage..I heard the doors lock..I thought I had hit the remote accidently...I unlocked the doors and laid the remote on the boat seat...They locked again...I unlocked them and placed the remote back in the boat,, Again the doors locked....I gave up...

Has anyone had this happen? If so how did you correct this?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
:( I was working on my boat last night in the garage..I heard the doors lock..I thought I had hit the remote accidently...I unlocked the doors and laid the remote on the boat seat...They locked again...I unlocked them and placed the remote back in the boat,, Again the doors locked....I gave up...

Has anyone had this happen? If so how did you correct this?
If your just unlocking the doors with the remote and do not open a door within, I think its like 1min. it will relock itself as a security feature and is normal. :D

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
If you unlock the truck but don't open the doors it assumes it was an accident or something and will Re lock them after a minute.
Yep!! And an interesting note also, it will do that even if the doors were already unlocked.;):D

·
Registered
859 Posts
It's a feature that is enabled at the factory. You can have the dealer turn it off for you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I seem to remember that you may be able to disable the "auto-re-lock" feature yourself in the setup menu. Maybe not but you might look at the manual.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That automatic arming is called "Passive Arming" in the lingo...

Ask the dealer to "Dis-arm" Passive Arming.... (in our words ... turn off the automatic locking)

Drove wife and I nuts for months... finally figured it out...

Just my experience...

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
I seem to remember that you may be able to disable the "auto-re-lock" feature yourself in the setup menu. Maybe not but you might look at the manual.
You can if you have a Limited, otherwise it's off to the dealer.:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts