Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buckets

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is twofold first off to hear from folks who selected a bench seat over buckets, why they did so and if they still like em! Secondly to have a poll to see what the bench to bucket ratio is.

I bought my particular truck almost solely based on the fact that it was a DC that still seated six. which round here is becoming increasingly rare to find for any maker. For me bench seats and column shifters are how a full sized truck is supposed to be laid out (if not a stick). I can't stand how much wasted cab space new DC trucks have with their floor shift and huge sportscar wannabee center console.

Lastly in closing can anyone confirm if the new tundra DC is available with a bench?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i have a front bench seat and i love it. picked it for the same reason you did, cause it can seat six. most of the time though, my center arm rest is in the down position. but it's nice to know if i needed it, that there is a seat available there.

ben

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
i looked far and near for a front bench seat because i wanted a 6 pass. ended up with buckets. from all the bench seats trucks that i have seen, they were base models, no fender flare, base steel wheels and front bench seats are not adjustable. i like my buckets because you can adjust how high it sits. don't know if bench would do that. but still would love to have bench.

i have seen crewmax's with bench seats but have not paid too much attenion to DC's. pretty sure they offer in both models.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've seen a DC with a bench, I was drooling over it until I saw that it didn't have the 5.7 in it, LAME! My first truck ('96 Tacoma) had a bench, and that was one of the most important criteria when I bought my Tundra, HAD TO HAVE A BENCH SEAT. I too think that the center console in bucket seat trucks is a waste of time, mine may not be as deep, but I fit everything I need to just fine. and more importantly, you've gotta be able to fold that up so the girls can slide over a little closer!:angel:

·
Registered
366 Posts
yes you can get the new ones with a bench seat up front. shifter is on the column

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have a 2010 DC with benchseats. I also have the 4.6L (sorry '00 Tundra, but I love it as it's perfect for my needs). You can adjust the height level of the driver's seat, if necessary. When I first got it in Jan., I was actually bummed that it came with bench instead of buckets. Within driving it for 1 week, I realized how glad I was. The fold down console works great and if I need the sixth seat...it's there. Plus the column shifter is also what I wanted...seems to be a lost piece of art.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a 2010 DC with benchseats. I also have the 4.6L (sorry '00 Tundra, but I love it as it's perfect for my needs). You can adjust the height level of the driver's seat, if necessary. When I first got it in Jan., I was actually bummed that it came with bench instead of buckets. Within driving it for 1 week, I realized how glad I was. The fold down console works great and if I need the sixth seat...it's there. Plus the column shifter is also what I wanted...seems to be a lost piece of art.
ha, no worries. you're truck is almost the same as the one that I saw. '10 DC, same color, absolutely gorgeous looking truck IMO. I spent a decent amount of time starring at it, trying to think of a way that I could convince the dealership that my Tundra would be an even trade for them to make, haha.

·
Registered
561 Posts
ha, no worries. you're truck is almost the same as the one that I saw. '10 DC, same color, absolutely gorgeous looking truck IMO. I spent a decent amount of time starring at it, trying to think of a way that I could convince the dealership that my Tundra would be an even trade for them to make, haha.
It's all good...I do get the "5.7 itch" once in a while to be honest. But the 4.6 serves my purpose (light towing of a quad or bass boat, if really at all). You should try to work the "preferred and loyal customer" angle to get that 2010 traded for your present rig, haha. Who knows, maybe there will be some sharp-looking changes in the next couple of year's models that will push you over the edge to the "F-it, I'm getting it" stage...a stage that I clearly need to get out of :D

P.S. F'-it points sent.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i have a 05 double cab with captain chairs, & a center console.
also ,my shifter is on the column, not the floor.
so i guess they make a few different styles.
gorilla

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I have an 06 TRD DC with bench seats. I bought it because it seats 6 if needed. Center console is down 90% of the time though. I sure do miss the old style bench that my 02 AC had though. That one had the console that flips up to fill the gap for the center passenger. My new 06 has the bench that the console flips into the seat and no gap into the rear when the console is down. Sure was a lot easier handing things to the kids in the back with the gap.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Either bench guys aren't voting or a bench seat double cab is a rare bird indeed.

It also appears as though everyone's reasoning is the exact same as mine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have an 05 DC TRD with a bench seat. When I bought it didn't really know there was an option, but have to say the bench seat was the way to go for me (2 kids and a dog). I am sure captains would be nice, but maybe on the next truck.

david

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Bench seats with column shift is the way to go. I spent nearly a month looking for my truck and I am glad I waited.

HIPPO
2010 4.6L, Salsa Red.

·
Registered
24 Posts
any pics of the bench seat, and how easy to convert from buckets?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got a 2010 DC with bench seats. Let me tell you it was very difficult to track down a 4x4 5.7 with bench seats. There are not a lot of them out there, but had to have the 6 pass. otherwise it was not gonna work. Wish I could have found with Black interior but I don't think it exist without the TRD package. I wish you could adjust the front middle a little though. Still love it!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Either bench guys aren't voting or a bench seat double cab is a rare bird indeed.

It also appears as though everyone's reasoning is the exact same as mine.
bench seating is rare for any of the tundras unless its the 2 door super base model. I had a hard time finding one in the crewmax edition with front bench all were buckets. Anyways yes its possible, but you might have to special order (for 2nd gen) it even then if the dealer comes through :rolleyes: you might not get it. YES I agree trucks are bench seating the classy way not the buckets. with bench seating I can adjust height, lumbar leg, etc...they only thing buckets have over us is memorized power seating with a touch of a button which is no big deal to me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I bought my truck with a bench seat, but I just picked up some bucket seats. The conversion from bench to bucket is very simple. Since I didn't get the center console, I am going to make a center console that will hold my cb radio, pa, and axillary switches as well as a subwoffer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a bench seat in my 06DC and hate it now. I thought it was cool at first, but it closes you off from the back seat way to much and also makes it seem smaller in the back. Now I have a kid with child seat in back and it drives me nuts even more. Almost bought a new tundra just for the damn buckets. ALSO, adjusting the passenger seat to a different angle than my driver seat makes it annoying since it is so close to my seat

1 - 19 of 19 Posts