Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been discussed numerous times, but I'm in a bit of a bind to make an offer on a DC, and I'm hoping you can help.
I have been one of those guys waiting patiently for the CrewMax (since I have one 4-year old, and one on the way in Aug). However, I went to drive the DC, and I found the DC to be roomy enough for me, and I like the bigger bed. For those of you who own the DC now, are there any regrets? I can get this DC at invoice, and it has just everything I need (at about $6k less than the CrewMax AND I don't have to wait anymore). MSRP $42.3K--out the door $42k.

Thanks!
:ts:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am in a simular situation. I can't decide between the crewmax and Doublecab. I already got the green light from the wife, which is oh so important (she agreed she did not need a new car, and she wants to work less, so we agreed she would drop to part time of 20 hours and keep her car, and I can get my truck sooner). The $2500 dollar difference isn't that bad when you consider the total price of the truck

Doublecab pros

Cheaper
Longer bed
Looks more in proportion
Readily available (can get sooner than Crewmax)

Crewmax pros

Kickass rolldown rear window
Lots of legroom in rear
kickass rolldown rear window
room for stuff behind seats
Good combo of SUV and truck

I really cannot decide. I have a hunch the crewmax will hold value better unless they release it later with a longer bed, but that is just a hunch. My dad already plopped the money down on a Doublecab, and it really would fit my needs, but I still can't decide.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know this topic has been discussed numerous times, but I'm in a bit of a bind to make an offer on a DC, and I'm hoping you can help.
I have been one of those guys waiting patiently for the CrewMax (since I have one 4-year old, and one on the way in Aug). However, I went to drive the DC, and I found the DC to be roomy enough for me, and I like the bigger bed. For those of you who own the DC now, are there any regrets? I can get this DC at invoice, and it has just everything I need (at about $6k less than the CrewMax AND I don't have to wait anymore). MSRP $42.3K--out the door $42k.

Thanks!
I think that if you are already on the list for a Crewmax and opt for the DC right now, whenever you see a Crewmax in the wild you will kick yourself for not waiting a few more weeks..... this will be you ---------->:cry: now you dont want that do you?:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
personally i have the double cab, and i fit a baby seat in back fine, and still fit two adults in back perfectly. but then again we're asian, so we're not too big, my bro 5'8 160 and my friend 5'9 180, i loved the rear room of the crewmax also, but to suffer bed size, wasn't to great of a idea for me. yea i admire the " kick azz" rear window, but i went with the double for my needs., just my opinion. 42k out the door is a good deal though. get what you want , your going to be the driver of it. my .2 cents.

·
Registered
26 Posts
personally i have the double cab, and i fit a baby seat in back fine, and still fit two adults in back perfectly. but then again we're asian, so we're not too big, my bro 5'8 160 and my friend 5'9 180, i loved the rear room of the crewmax also, but to suffer bed size, wasn't to great of a idea for me. yea i admire the " kick azz" rear window, but i went with the double for my needs., just my opinion. 42k out the door is a good deal though. get what you want , your going to be the driver of it. my .2 cents.
When you get some spare time, would you mind snapping a photo of the baby seat in the back? My daughter was born last Thursday and I am considering purchaing the Tundra within the next few months. I haven't had time to jet down to the dealer to check it out in person due to lack of sleep, as you can probably understand. Thanks!

Oh, and my apologises for highjacking this thread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a DC and find the rear seat room to be adequate. I have a 5 and 8 year old and they have plenty of room. I have also ridden in the back and found it to be surprisingly comfortable.
edit: Forgot to add that my 2 kids and 75 lb. dog sat in the back on a 2 hour trip without any problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife and baby (in a car huge carseat) both rode comfortably for a 4 hr trip in my DC. This gripe about space must come from some spoiled people. My brother and I used to ride in the back of my Dad's Mazda B2200 extended for 6 hr trips all the time. Get the DC, leg is slightly less than the 06 DC but shoulder room and hip increased dramatically. I suggest everyone check the dimensions on Edmunds.com to compare the difference between 06 and 07.

·
Registered
435 Posts

Thanks!
You say you got it at invoice, but how are you figuring $42K out the door if the MSRP is $42.3? Even if you add tax, title and destination fee you're paying too much.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
You say you got it at invoice, but how are you figuring $42K out the door if the MSRP is $42.3? Even if you add tax, title and destination fee you're paying too much.
By my math, if that number included TTL, he paid about $1000 over invoice, how is that too much?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My previous truck was an 2000 Access Cab. My new double cab is a sizable increase and more then fills my needs. My best hope for the new Tundra was a crew max with the 6.5' box. It didn't happen, but I am extremly happy with DC and I use my truck box so 5.5" in the crew max wouldn't cut it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
...CrewMax AND I don't have to wait anymore....
I have a DC LTD and have had 5 adults in it on a 2 hour round trip w/ no bitchin from any of them.

After having looked at the DC, which I had originally thought was more like the access cab, and chking out the back seat I realized its got 4 real doors and plenty of room for adults I dropped the idea of waiting for that hauntingly wonderful rear roll-down window. Very glad to have gotten the longer bed and better styling, still think the CM looks like a guppy, and a few k$ left in the bank.

Make sure you get the NAV with that LTD and the 5.7L and you'll have no regrets!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am currently driving a 2004 Ford F-150 SuperCrew with a 5.5' bed with a 2007 Tundra CrewMax Ltd 4x4 on order. I found with my SuperCrew's 5.5' bed with bed extender there was nothing that I wasn't able to haul. Since 75 percent of the time my bed is empty and I am hauling around kids and their stuff, the extra passenger room in the CrewMax just makes more sense for me.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Check the $$ in what the dealer is telling you. I paid $31K for an 07' DC 4x2 5.7L, bucket seats, night mirror with homelink, floor mats, window tint, and 20" wheel upgrade. That was $31K + TTL. I ordered the truck instead of compromising for what they had on the lot.

Another thought is think about how long you will keep the truck and your children will grow. My kids are in college so car seats and strollers were not a factor in my decision. The DC 6.5' bed is huge. If you can give up 12" of bed for reclining rear seats and larger interior then the crewmax is your answer. If not then order a DC the way you want it. I have had my truck for three weeks now and I really like it. The ride is better than my 05' Avalon and even though it is 4x2 I still look down into Ford F150's and Chevy Silverados. (I do have the 20" wheels). No matter which Tundra you choose, you will absolutely love it. Good luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you have kids get the crewmax. They all grow up fast and if you keep the truck long enough and add to your kid quiver in the future you will be out of room or they will be uncomfortable for long trips.

I have 3 girls...2, 5, and 9. I am coming from an F-250 Crew Cab. While it had plenty of room...it was too much truck for daily running around. Have Crewmax limited on order...suppose to have my VIN 7-8 Apr :rolleyes: Once you put kid seats and all the stuff kids trypically bring on a road trip you are going to be jacked up in a double cab and the more they grow the less space you have. My humble opinion...but been there done that....

·
Registered
26 Posts
can someone post pics of somebody sitting in the back seat, if you have your driver seat adjusted the way you would if you were driving? I'd really like to see a real world example of how much room is/is not back there. I have a '00 access cab and there isn't much room back there for my 5 year old much less adults when I'm driving and I'm only about 5'6", other than the back seat my truck has been fine got 64,300 miles on it no major problems any buyers? I really want a 07 new one in Slate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in Kalifornia and tax is 8.85% + TTL...invoice is about $38,500 on it, so I added about 10% to the invoice. I think I might offer $500 less than invoice and see what happens...;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
By my math, if that number included TTL, he paid about $1000 over invoice, how is that too much?
Assume invoice is $38,500 and add 10% ($3,850) profit; that puts you at $42,350 MSRP. The diff between invoice and selling price is $3,500 which seems like a lot of taxes! In SC, our taxes on vehicles is capped at $300:D

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm in Kalifornia and tax is 8.85% + TTL...invoice is about $38,500 on it, so I added about 10% to the invoice. I think I might offer $500 less than invoice and see what happens...;)
Oh, okay. Good grief what a tax rate. Glad I don't live out there. ;)

Still, a thousand over invoice (as a previous poster mentioned) is a little much, compared to what my dealer has promised. I think $500 over, and certainly no more than $600 over is very reasonable. The really lucky buyers are getting them for $300 over. Don't forget the dealer gets holdback.

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts

Thanks!
Buy you an 04-06 double cab and get all the pros the only con would be not all that extra power

·
Registered
500 Posts
Plenty of room in the DC. I'm 6'1" and have more than enough room behind the drivers seat when positioned for me to drive. Most vehicles I have driven have to have the seat slid back as far as they can go. But the seats in the '07 are much higher then my '02 therefore the seat doesn't have to be set back nearly as far. Would be fine for infants/teens/adults. But of course, the Crewmax would be that much better.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts