Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking all night to find a post that shows the space the of the back seat of the double cab vs to others and I can find it. Im in a very hard stop right now as I have sat in both and I still can not pick between the double cab or the crewmax. I can get a better deal on the double cab but just seeing if I live with the doube to get the longerbed.

Dose anyone have the rear seat information as it compares to chevy, ford and dodge.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dimensions are virtually the same.

When they delivered my Double Cab, I was blown away at how big it is inside and out. My recommendation is to sit
in both a DC and CC before you lay out the extra money.
I am 6'2" / 185 lbs.and have no problems sitting in the back of the DC. My 4'11" wife can live back there.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Dose anyone have the rear seat information as it compares to chevy, ford and dodge.
I sat in the backseat of a co-workers 2007 sierra classic extended cab,and compared to my doublecab shortbox,it has less room.It also has an even shorter box as well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The DC has more room than my F150 extended cab, but about 3" less room than my '06 DC. The big bonus with the new DC is the shoulder width. The new DC is so much wider than the previous gen truck. It has a large enough back seat for short trips for adults. It would be a little tight over an hour IMO, but you could always move the front seats up a bit. You really sacrifice bad space with the CrewMax, so if you plan on doing anything else besides pulling a boat or trailer, and need a usable bed, get the DC.

I'm 6' and this was me in the back of a new DC with my normal driving position. I needed the extra 3" and a larger bed, so I opted for the '06 and saved a bundle. It's almost impossible to find a crew cab with a 6' plus bed in a half ton, unless you go to a 3/4 ton a few years old (or new a pay out the arse).

·
Registered
87 Posts
...My recommendation is to sit in both a DC and CC before you lay out the extra money...
Also, if an inch or two makes a difference, you might want to compare DCs with bucket seats vs. the bench seat - there is slightly less leg room for the rear middle seat with the front bucket option.

I got the DC with front buckets and it works for me. However, if the CrewMax had a 6.5' bed I would have been all over that.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Go to edmunds.com and look at the specs of each truck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
these numbers from carpoint.com

Rear leg-room (all models basically with equivalent of double cab)

Tundra - 34.7 inches
F-150 - 32.7 inches
Chevy - 34.3
Dodge - 36.7

Ford is smallest, Dodge is largest. Dodge is the quadcab (not mega cab), F-150 is supercab, Chevy is ext cab.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have been looking all night to find a post that shows the space the of the back seat of the double cab vs to others and I can find it. Im in a very hard stop right now as I have sat in both and I still can not pick between the double cab or the crewmax. I can get a better deal on the double cab but just seeing if I live with the doube to get the longerbed.

Thanks in advance.
If you are not going to be the person sitting in the back, why worry. If 90% of the time, the backseat will be empty, why worry. However,if you are going to have someone sitting in the back the majority of the time you are driving, then you should take that person with you when you make your comparisons. Looking at photos of someone sitting in back to make your decision would be a mistake. No one adjusts their driving position exactly the same way. Some people sit in the truck as if it were a sports car, with the seat lowered, pushed back and legs extended nearly straight, which will take up a lot of rear legroom. Others will sit higher, seat more forward, with the leg from knees down, more perpendicular. Result, more rear legroom.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Right those are all "maximum" numbers.
So if you want to claim more leg room for rear passengers,you simply use a bracket that allows the front seat to move farther forward.I compared the rear seat room between the trucks by adjusting the drivers seat for a comfortable driving position for myself,then sitting in the rear seat without moving the drivers seat.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I will be downsizing from an F250 Crew Cab. The fact that the DC seats fold up and out of the way, giving full access to the floor made my decision. The seats in the CM fold down, and you can load things on top of the deck that is made by folding down seats. For loading heavy items, and especially for my dogs to get into and out of the truck, it is much easier with the DC. Another fact that I like about the DC (especially compared to other brands) is that the rear doors open normally, not 'suicide' style. This makes it much easier to put stuff into the back of the truck. I had a 'supercab' or extended cab Ford before my Crew, and loading things from a shopping cart (say at your favorite big box home store) with the 'suicide' doors was a major pain. I am 6'3" and was amazed at the room in the back seats.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I rarely have people in the back. Usually it's stuff, and with the seats up, I think the space is flat out huge.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I took the fam to see the Dodge and the Chevy (both 4-door trucks). The only one that my son (5'10") could fit comfortably in the back of was the Toyota. Dodge had a little more room in the knee department, but the seat angle was awful. People in the backseat had to sit up straighter than a catholic school kid on the first day of school.

I bought the Toyota DC because my kids could ride in the back comfortably when I pull my travel trailer. The fact that it will smoke the tires right off had no influence on my decision what so ever....that is my official statement.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts