Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doug Thorley Headers for 05-06 10% off JAN special

The headers for the 05-06 will be ready for sale very soon and I just wanted to put up a dyno to show the power these made on a stock truck. Look at the 3k rpm range!

We are doing 10%off these for Jan.

Thanks
Nick

951-739-5903

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Impressive!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nice, gains in the usable area, between 2 and 4k. Was that with stock cat-back exhaust too? Any tests with aftermarket cat-back exhaust?

·
Registered
446 Posts
i was trying to browse for graphs on the 00-04 tundra. Do you have any?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That dyno was done on a bone stock truck. I do not have any tests done with an aftermarket catback. I am trying to dig up old dynos for the 00-04. Those ones were the ones we used to build for Downey. As for the 4.0L I would bet that our Tacoma 4.0 headers would work great. Pm me for more info on that subject.

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
831 Posts
Would you have any interest in dyno'ing a truck with both the headers and cat-back? I think a truck with a proper sized cat-back would show nicer top end gains.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
nice work!
I SEE a gain across the graph.
doubter's- here's your sign(DYNO).
indigestible isn't it, for you.
gorilla

·
Registered
141 Posts
finally a dyno that shows sum low end improvements on the 05 06

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Nice power gain, any idea on price? and I suppose they will be a PITA to install like the JBA's were on my 2000 SR V8???? CSM-H

The headers for the 05-06 will be ready for sale very soon and I just wanted to put up a dyno to show the power these made on a stock truck. Look at the 3k rpm range!

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, if i may suggest to anyone who is interested in buying these or any other type.
do a side by side comparison.
and ask yourself what are you looking for?
where do you want the most gain, low mid or top end.
how do they sound?
guarentee, warrenty, etc
don't put a price on quality.
Doug Thorley and JBA are the only 2 headers i would buy for the tundra.
no matter what: buy OEM manifold gaskets.
happyier day's are coming soon for you with header's.
there so AWESOME!
i highly recommend them.
gorilla

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are these 50 state smog legal? Any chance of an up close pic including flange area and collectors inside? what gauge? I'm expecting a no, no and no again but thought id ask anyways.;)

·
Registered
469 Posts

Thanks
Nick
Nick,
Like the gains at 3K...What is the story between 1000 and 2200 rpm's? Did the dyno pull just start at a higher rpm? Or do the headers really kill off the torque in this range? I know this is pretty low in the rpm range but you spend 90% of the time running between idle and 2500 rpm's with the 05 & 06 and the 5 speed auto. Sure wish you guys would build a set of your classic long tube, tri-Y headers for the 05 & 06 Tundras! I had a set on my old 86, 22re, 2wd, 5 speed sr-5 pickup and they really picked up the performance! You guys could make these and sell them for off-road use only...Hmmm. One last question, How does the 05 & 06 4.7L compare to the 07+ 4.7L on the dyno with your headers? Are the header designs similar?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nick,
Like the gains at 3K...What is the story between 1000 and 2200 rpm's? Did the dyno pull just start at a higher rpm?
In my experience from dyno testing, those low end results aren't that clear cut. Since its a DynoJet, most likely its just the inertia drum accelleration test that was done and in the begining of a dyno pull, the power comes up so fast that those numbers aren't that accurate. I usually just read the area where the power numbers are more stable which is just above 2000 rpm.

IMO, to get good low end numbers, you either need to use a engine dyno, or use a eddy current chassis dyno and do a step down test, where you start at high rpm and load it up until you get down to low rpm's.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
The cheapest I could find these was $465 shipped to my door...any body found a better deal? I think I'm going to try these out as soon as I can get the best deal on them.

Can anyone beat $465 shipped?????????????

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am here to anwser some questions. First they are 50 state smog legal and they are constructed of heavy 14 ga steel and then they are ceramic coated inside and out to protect them tubes from rusting etc while at the same dropping the under hood temps approx 3-400 degrees. Everybody knows that reducing temps equals more power and mileage. They are a direct bolt on and I am told they are not nearly as difficult as the 5.7.

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
Group buy in the works?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
question
the base line HP is 220.6 on these trucks at 5049rpm
and the torque baseline is 280 on these trucks at 3573
so my question is:
how are your baseline #'s higher, if it is a stock 2005 or 2006 4.7 tundra V8?
just asking
gorilla

1 - 20 of 94 Posts