Toyota Tundra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
i ordered mine from urd and got them this week.
putting on next week.

I couldn't find any on their website for the 05-06...am I missing something?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Ok as of now I have 3 more sets on the shelf. You cannot find these for $465.00 ANYWHERE. If you do somebody is paying money for you to have these. Regular DEALER cost on these is $606.00 for these.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I was told today they were on back order.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i have mine sitting right here in front of me. getting them installed on friday morning for 300 at a local truck shop here in fort worth.
call urd.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
i love my truck, and my JBA headers. zero issue's. no leak's, sounds great.
to bad you weren't closer. you could take mine for a ride, you would be on the phone ordering the jba's in a heart beat.
and as you might have seen on my dyno sheet:
i gained 35hp to the rear wheels , with a few bolt ons and a total of 55 to the engine.

a big difference in power, but still it's no supercharger or turbo.
but believe me it's fast enough especially for a 5000 lb vehicle.
way faster than stock.

jba has been around a every long time, i honestly thought when i seen DT headers they did a good job, but many new issue's has come to life, and i wonder why?
doesn't seem fair , but it is what it is.
they(DT) need to do the damage control now asap.

i still think if what i seen, was what they all looked like, they were well made.
but i'm the type of guy that wants things yesterday, and i hate getting BS'ed and the run around.
i want it i buy it, simple.
o've course i also want the best price, i'm not a idiot.

good luck!
don't expect to hear the headers like there open headers. remember there is still a full exhaust connected. but you will notice the power difference.
than add the unichip, and wow, even better , more power, you will see, & feel.
that i promise you.
you know i have the VOLANT cai, JBA headers, no resintaor, cat back magnflow, and the UNICHIP.
gorilla

·
Registered
24 Posts
Guys - I just ordered mine yesterday from tundraracing.com for $524 delivered ($499 + $25 shipping). I checked and they are on the UPS truck this morning so I think I am home free. They are scheduled to arrive next Tuesday. Frankly, I was was concerned about DH's experience so asked if they were in stock. I was told that I got the last pair they had in stock, but that they have more sets coming in 3 weeks. I had a hard time finding them anywhere else. This is my first experience with tundraracing, but I am impressed. Good, timely communication and they shipped immediately. Pretty much what Gorilla had to say.

Given the problems and availability folks seemed to be having I was considering the JBAs, but I really was looking for the low end HP and torque gains that the DTs show on the dyno chart.

I'll let you all know if anything changes.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
good luck, i truely hope you like them, and all works out. please buy oem manifold gaskets.
otherwise you will need to take back out the motor mount's and retorque the manifold bolts from time to time.
again enjoy them. when you start it up, hopefully you will hear like i do the ping of the air flow coming from the headers. it's awesome.

i have told so many people to do this. it's so sweet.

just like i have told other's that just had a baby, when the baby is 1st born, and handed to you from the doctor-obgyn, smell your baby's breath! it is the cleanest most incredable smell ever. nothing will ever come close to it. and it's something you will remember forever.
gorilla

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks gorilla. I will definitely get new OEM manifold gaskets. Cutting corners is not part of my repertoire. Do it once, and do it right.

Oh, and I got a kick out of the "newborn baby" imagery. LOL.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Guys - I just ordered mine yesterday from tundraracing.com for $524 delivered ($499 + $25 shipping). I checked and they are on the UPS truck this morning so I think I am home free. They are scheduled to arrive next Tuesday. Frankly, I was was concerned about DH's experience so asked if they were in stock. I was told that I got the last pair they had in stock, but that they have more sets coming in 3 weeks. I had a hard time finding them anywhere else. This is my first experience with tundraracing, but I am impressed. Good, timely communication and they shipped immediately. Pretty much what Gorilla had to say.

Given the problems and availability folks seemed to be having I was considering the JBAs, but I really was looking for the low end HP and torque gains that the DTs show on the dyno chart.

I'll let you all know if anything changes.

You know the more I think about it the more I think tundraracing was at fault with my deal. He sent me a few emails at the beginning saying they were being powder coated and would be shipped in a few days. Then a few days later another email saying the same thing. Then no more emails until over a month later I sent one stating he could keep them and that I was no longer interested. Then and only then, he told me they were on back order. I ordered and paid exactly what he had on his site…I really like him when I spoke to him on the phone. I wouldn’t take a set from him if they were sent to me free.

Hopefully, you get yours and everything goes well! BTW, I’ve OEM gasket I may part with due to a lack of interest if you’re interested in them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
DH - You definitely had a poor customer experience and I don't blame you for being down on them. Based on your experience, I will be circumspect about Tundraracing until the headers arrive (on the UPS truck and scheduled for delivery tomorrow) and I inspect them. I already picked up the exhaust gaskets, so I can't take advantage of your offer. Are you still planning on getting the DT headers from someone else or have you decided against them period?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
DH what do you want for the OEM gasket's. both side's.
are they in the original clear packaging, un-opened?
i like having back up's on the shelf, especially if the price is right.
gorilla

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
DH what do you want for the OEM gasket's. both side's.
are they in the original clear packaging, un-opened?
i like having back up's on the shelf, especially if the price is right.
gorilla
They're and IF I let them go it will be for what I paid which was like 25% off retail.

DH - You definitely had a poor customer experience and I don't blame you for being down on them. Based on your experience, I will be circumspect about Tundraracing until the headers arrive (on the UPS truck and scheduled for delivery tomorrow) and I inspect them. I already picked up the exhaust gaskets, so I can't take advantage of your offer. Are you still planning on getting the DT headers from someone else or have you decided against them period?
I may try a set of DT headers from UDR but they say chrome coated and tundraracing quoted ceramic coated (which I really liked).

What coating were you promissed and I'm curious what will show up to your door.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i ordered chrome and powder coated showed up at my door.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
ordered from urd.
they told me they were sent when they werent yet. they had them dropped shipped from another place becaue they just relocated or something like that.
when i got them they were powdercoated.
nice.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
ordered from urd.
they told me they were sent when they werent yet. they had them dropped shipped from another place becaue they just relocated or something like that.
when i got them they were powdercoated.
nice.

Did you get any special discount or just what's on their site? Should I call or just order from their site?

·
Registered
374 Posts
i ordered online.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts