Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's where we are at so far, the spare tire mounts flat towards the end of the bed. All of the bed panels are bolted in. The exo bars are finished and it should be at 100% by Friday.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Nice. How big a hole are those shocks running through? It looks to be to small. The shock moves a good amount forward, back and side to side. I had a 2.0 shock running dead center of a 4 inch hole and it hit on everyside. It looks like you have a 2.5 running through maybe a 4 inch hole.

Very nice work. Lots of dimple time in it.

Are you repairing the bed side and door panels?

It looks like it weighs more then the stock bed so will that help in your articulation or were you able to use all of it with the stock bed?

BUT it looks very nice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sweet!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Real nice :D.

What tonnage are you using for those dimples--looks like 2.5" or 3" dies through 1/8"?

What made you go with straight sides vs angled sides? At least it looks that way...front of the bedsides pulled inside the exo hoop and straight to the rear.

Looks like it'll work out great :tu:. I like the battery & ptank location...it balances the weight distribution better front/rear to put that ~100# in the back.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Real nice :D.

What tonnage are you using for those dimples--looks like 2.5" or 3" dies through 1/8"?

straight / angled sides - not sure what you are referring to on this?

What made you go with straight sides vs angled sides? At least it looks that way...front of the bedsides pulled inside the exo hoop and straight to the rear.

Looks like it'll work out great :tu:. I like the battery & ptank location...it balances the weight distribution better front/rear to put that ~100# in the back.
20-ton press, 2-1/2" & 3" dies.

only using touch up paint to avoid rust, dents give it character :D .

shocks clear fine when articulated, I had them pretty tight when they went through the stock bed also.

only limits on articulation are the springs themselves (but linking it will be easy now and was thought out prior to this project.

Panels are 14 GA steel, but extremely rigid due to dimple die holes.

weighs less, ever tried to pick up a factory bed - they are a boat anchor.

all panels are bolted in and can be removed by one person.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Awesome...Awesome work. I wish I had the funding and friends to pull this of myself. What is the running tab on all the work you've done so far? One of these days... I'll be where your at..

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
20-ton press, 2-1/2" & 3" dies.

only using touch up paint to avoid rust, dents give it character :D .

shocks clear fine when articulated, I had them pretty tight when they went through the stock bed also.

only limits on articulation are the springs themselves (but linking it will be easy now and was thought out prior to this project.

Panels are 14 GA steel, but extremely rigid due to dimple die holes.

weighs less, ever tried to pick up a factory bed - they are a boat anchor.

all panels are bolted in and can be removed by one person.
Removed many many beds. The heaviest was a 67 chevy shortbed. Guess I am just used to mini truck beds which are pretty light.

Just askign because that is a good amount of tubing and sheet metal. Not sure of what thickness tubing you are running but it adds up pretty quick.

Ever think of maybe running some fiberglass bedsides? May be a little more forgiving on the dents and scrapes and are easy to repair. Just a thought.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
:tu: Looks awesome!

Are you doing the work yourself? How much would a fab shop charge?

Id like to pick up a older pickup truck and set it up for a trail rig, but keeping it street legal as well so I can use it during the winter time.

Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
165 Posts
SOOO sick :tu: :tu: :tu: All three thumbs up. Good job man

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
You da man!!!!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
That is amazing, JJC!

·
Just a Herbicidal maniac.
2,172 Posts
Are you using the tubes for compressed air storage? If so, looks like you've got about 20 gallons worth! :tu: :D

·
mandzach
1,263 Posts
That truck is sick - congrats:tu:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did you ever sell your old bed cage/shock hoop/tire carrier?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts