Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if this is standard or not, I didnt have any drain holes in the bedliner of my truck. It drove me crazy every time it rained, I would have 4-6 inches of water at the front of my bed. I took out the tool box and popped out the liner and drilled some 3/8" holes in the plastic liner. I brought a hose into the bed of the truck and let it run and the water poured out of the bottom....I guess that crease at the front of the bed isnt sealed or welded. I was happy about this because I didnt want to drill any holes into the bed. I dumped some water in it to see how it worked after it was put back together and no problems to report. Attached a few pictures. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
My liner for my 08 doesnt have any holes either. But I have a cover, so I dont have to worry about the standing water.
Truck looks good!
I'm seeing more Tundras on the road in our area now too. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
None of the bedliners I used to have had drain holes in them I think the reason is because you will collect moisture between the liner and the bed, creating a rust problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My liner for my 08 doesnt have any holes either. But I have a cover, so I dont have to worry about the standing water.
Truck looks good!
I'm seeing more Tundras on the road in our area now too. :)
I agree, I see them all over the place. One of my buddies was busting my chops about buying a Toyota. Not long after he finished his Toyota jokes he tried to start his 2011 Dodge Ram ...well that didnt go so well. They have that stupid plastic key fob and it was stuck in the ignition. He could turn it both ways but the truck wouldnt start and it wouldnt come out. I jumped on good ol google and searched for it with lots of results. I guess there is a little problem with the Dodge, when you put it into park you need to give it a little extra shove into park or the computer thinks its still in reverse. It was in park but he didnt know he had to slam the shifter into park on the brand new truck so I disconnected the battery and reconnected it which reset the computer and released the key. Dodge said "yea....thats a little problem we are seeing". Ill stick with my Toyota that runs like a champ..... :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
None of the bedliners I used to have had drain holes in them I think the reason is because you will collect moisture between the liner and the bed, creating a rust problem.
I was thinking about that but decided to give it a try. Im putting a lift kit on the truck next week and if it seems like the water flows out the back after thats done then Ill plug up the holes so I dont have to worry about it. Thanks for bringing it up though.:first:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts