Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 06 Taco Access Door Prerunner with 8900 miles on it.

The weatherstripping on the driver side that seals against the access door is wearing out. There is actually an oval shaped hole in it. I had it replaced once on my first 5000 service and will need to do it again.

Doors appear to fit correctly and closes without problems. Passenger side does not exhibit any wear, but then it rarely gets used, so can't tell at this point whether it will end up with the same problem down the road.

Anyone else experiencing this problem and maybe understand the reason?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I have a 4dr but with the same problem. I noticed that I was rubbing against the weatherstripping if I didn't watch myself. Just climbing in and out caused mine to wear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I noticed that I was rubbing against the weatherstripping if I didn't watch myself. Just climbing in and out caused mine to wear.
Since your response I made myself more conscious of what happens when I enter/exit the vehicle and you are right. It's my fat a$$ that's causing the problem. Don't think that is covered under warranty. But at the same time you would think that they would use a solid material as opposed to a hollow tube material that would be more resistant to the wear of my fat a$$. They should have seen my a$$ coming.

Guess I'll just keep having it replaced each service, until the warranty expires.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
you would think that they would use a solid material as opposed to a hollow tube material that would be more resistant to the wear of my fat a$$. They should have seen my a$$ coming.
Hahahahaha!! :clown: Nothing beats a good sense of humor! Welcome to TS :tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts