Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I have a 2000 Tundra that the driver’s window intermittently will not roll up. If I wait about 20 seconds it will then (usually) rollup. I spoke with the dealer and they indicated either a motor or control panel. Well they are both in the 200.00 range and they have no replacement data to help me determine which direction to go with part replacement.
Any suggestions or has anyone else had these this type of issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Here's a quick and dirty diagnostic routine that's worked well for me over the years. This little test will hopefully point you in the right direction, without having to remove the door panel unnecessarily. 1st step- turn on the ignition, but don't start the engine. 2cd step- turn on the dome lamp. 3rd step- while watching the dome lamp closely, operate the window switch. If the dome lamp dims but the window refuses to move, odds are that the motor is the problem. If the dome lamp does not dim, look for a faulty window switch, loose wiring connection, ect..

good luck.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I put money on loose connection on the back of the switch. Why? Because mine used to do this. If I slammed the door just right, it would go away. One day, I needed to park and window wouldn't go up, so I popped the plate with the switches off and what do you know? Connection was barely touching let alone connected. Took about 20 seconds to fix. Never happened again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had the same issue when I left my window down and it rained :rolleyes: The difference being the motor wouldn't stop when I released the switch, or it wouldn't move at all when the switch was used. Long story short once everything dried out, it all started working normal again.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
That it does, or you can use vasoline like the guys on Top Gear did.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I put money on loose connection on the back of the switch. Why? Because mine used to do this. If I slammed the door just right, it would go away. One day, I needed to park and window wouldn't go up, so I popped the plate with the switches off and what do you know? Connection was barely touching let alone connected. Took about 20 seconds to fix. Never happened again.
Idk what kind of shape my truck would be in without you and a couple other members too be quite honest. Thank heavens I found this site.

Anyway, I've been having this issue with my passenger window. It was stuck before, about a month ago, so I tested the motor and my cab lights were fine. After sitting overnight they rolled back up. Now i've been having the same issue, and after two days, they won't roll up again. Both problems only occurred when the window was rolled all the way down, and the past three weeks it has been working fine, even when rolled all the way down. Please save me a trip to the dealership here. What exactly am I looking for here?

Sorry about the inverted pictures, had to shove my phone in there. Basically, everything looks good to my untrained eye. The last one is me pointing it below where I believe the motor to be houses, the middle one is a vertical view. What else should I be checking?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts