Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 2WD Sequoia and the drivers front wheel has a squeak that seems to be linked to the wheel rotation (i.e. one squeak per rotation of the wheel). I noticed this a little while after changing the front brake pads and resurfacing the rotors, but I don't know for sure that it is related. This was probably a year ago. The squeak goes away if you slightly touch the brakes. The squeak also goes away when the weather is cold.

My brother has a 2000 2WD Tundra and he recently did his brakes as well. He has the same squeak. It sounds like it is also the drivers front wheel and goes away when slightly touching the brakes. We used anti-squeak on the pads and torqued everything to spec.

Any idea what this could be and what can fix it?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Pull the pads and grind a slight angle on the edges of them, leading and trailing are most important. Another trick we use
is to drill a dozen small holes in the pad and insert pencil lead in them. Lead and carbon lubricate metal just a hair. It won't
affect your braking.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be clear, there is no squeak when the brakes are applied. The squeak is when rolling freely. The sqeaking stops when any amount of brake is applied. I just thought since it happens to both trucks that it might be a common issue with an easy fix.

·
Registered
729 Posts
sounds like a U joint to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts