Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driver's side window was recently replaced by glass company. Now they cannot reinitialize the window properly. When window is raised with the auto up feature on the switch, it closes and immediately opens to halfway again. I know there is a reinit sequence to fix this. 2006 Highlander, Help! Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the FSM is nothing for the drivers window, Sunroof YES.

It sounds like it's binding near the end of the up travel. I had this issue when I first installed side vents on the windows. The VentShades I installed went inside the weatherstripping and created a bind. I had to file the tabs down very thin until the Auto-Up would work again.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Driver's side window was recently replaced by glass company. Now they cannot reinitialize the window properly. When window is raised with the auto up feature on the switch, it closes and immediately opens to halfway again. I know there is a reinit sequence to fix this. 2006 Highlander, Help! Thanks.
My neighbor was just telling me about this. I forgot exactly what he said but It was something like you had to remove the motor and hit the auto up then auto down with the motor under no load. Then you installed the motor with the window down (or vice versa).

There is a specific procedure to do window motors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts