Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to unlock the driver's seat belt? I started pulling it around me and got it--not even half way, when it locked up. I've turned the engine on, off. Pulled the key out, put it in, hit the gas, stomped on the brakes. Nothing seems to work. It's out just far enough for it to click into the receiver on its own. It won't retract nor pull futher out. Just plain locked up! Help.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
probally twisted...might have to take the thing apart and take a look

·
Registered
287 Posts
did you figure out what happened...never heard of that happening where it would not eventually come out.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
probally twisted...might have to take the thing apart and take a look

thanks for the posts all. I went back to it after a couple of hours. (I had to calm down some as worked myself up trying to "un-stick" it.) When I went back to it later, I tried starting the engine, changing through the gears and turned it off again. After yanking on the belt some more, the tensioner released and the belt returned all the way back. . Belt was never twisted...Very strange. (2007 CM, 5.7L)

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the posts all. I went back to it after a couple of hours. (I had to calm down some as worked myself up trying to "un-stick" it.) When I went back to it later, I tried starting the engine, changing through the gears and turned it off again. After yanking on the belt some more, the tensioner released and the belt returned all the way back. . Belt was never twisted...Very strange. (2007 CM, 5.7L)

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Why would going through the gears help it become unstuck?

-rockstate
it had nothing to do with it. just made him feel better. :) theres no connection to any of that stuff, so it was just out of frustration and nothing else to try i assume.

oh next time it happens, and you have to yank, jerk, turn on turn off, go through all th gears, etc. just for our um......education.....please take a video of it so we can all watch and um.....learn.....:) hheehehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.