Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'06 Doublecab SR5 - the mechanisim that lifts the drivers seat is slipping back down on it's own. Very gradual - one 'click' per ~100 miles. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Same thing here. Although I think what is happening, is that every time you get out of the truck, your leg pushes down on the lever.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Now that you mention it....every couple of weeks/months it seems like I've noticed myself sitting lower in my seat. I will try and notice if my egress technique is the root cause.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Me too. I guess I can just chock it up as a beer arm compensator.Multiple strokes of the beer arm equals a few strokes of the seat riser thing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I tried being very careful in-out but couldn't remember every time, so I finally set it and removed the handle - hasn't moved in four days. Now I just need to build a cover or smaller handle.
BUT WORSE:
When I first took it to dealer for this problem, they replaced the mechanism. To do this, they had to tear down the seat. Then they put it back together funny. Now it feels like a cheap 20 year old matress - bulging in the center and I can feel the springs. Very, VERY uncomfortable. Took it back to dealer and of course they say it was put back together right and is perfectly normal. Truck only has 23K miles, and only weigh 160 lbs. Anyone else feeling the springs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts