Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after countless miles and gripe's I finally had to fix my window, this was not something I looked forward to....removing the door panel......well after I got it off...I got to looking at things and couldn't see how to get at it at all.......there was 1 ...1 bolt..right up by where the lock buttons use to be.....I thought wouldn.t that be cool if it were that simple.......well it was THAT simple...a 10mm took a turn or two and no more window rattle..if I would have known that I could have tightened it up without removeing the panel all the way.....if I would have just got the top lose and stuck an open end in there and a turn or two......
Well hope this helps someone......as always my .02

·
Registered
184 Posts
My driver's and passenger side windows rattle when they are open about 2 inches or so. Any more than that and they don't rattle. Is that the same rattle that you experienced?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
My windows sound like the are going to rattle out. Will have to check it out when I pull the door panels. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did this too. My 10 mm bolt was actually missing. I put a new one in and now 3 months later it is rattling again. lock tite mabey?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sr5 .........just tighten the 10mm nut thats it.....getting to it is fun ....
I live about 1 1/2 miles down a common shell road that is a washbord sometimes.......so it started out with the window up 2-3 inches......then at 1 inch, 5 inch .......down all the way rattled too......and I do not like a rattle.....so I got the panel off and found it......it can be tightened without fully removing panel.......glad I not alone on the window rattle.......

·
Registered
109 Posts
When I get home today I'm going to do this one my passengers side wendow does ths and it drives me crazzy

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have something similar that is driving me nuts, there is a lot of road noise on the freeway or when i hit a bum(p) in the road...not a very quiet vehicle. Any way of fixing that?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have something similar that is driving me nuts, there is a lot of road noise on the freeway or when i hit a bum(p) in the road...not a very quiet vehicle. Any way of fixing that?
Yes, Dynomat everything!!:D:tu:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Hmmmmm, thank you papas for letting us know it is that simple. I too have a rattle on both doors, only when the windows are open about 2-4", once they get about 1/2 way down they are fine. I noticed it after I got my windows tinted some time ago but just lived with it because popping those pesky plastic clips is my least favorite thing to do. Seems I bust one every time. I just had the control panel off the other day, wish I knew there was a bolt there, I'd be done my now! One more thing to do this weekend, after headers. Points are on the way.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I too am afriad of those clips......sooooo I took a 6 inch thin reg screwdriver slid it in all the way and felt around till I found what felt like a "stop" and pryed out slowly with the handle end....... popped right out.....the door light has a little silver clip that holds it in so watch for it on floor if the light is removed....it goes in the front part of door light(clip of sorts)

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm convinced that mine didn't rattle UNTIL I shook the vehicle pretty hard on some dirt roads while the window was partially open. It might just be coincidence...maybe:beatsme:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
^^I think that does happen, it seems the more I go off road the more mine rattle, but my stereo doesn't help either.
Good tips Papa, I used a screwdriver too when I changed my door speakers out, still made me nervous. I hate the feeling of tension right before they pop out.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes, Dynomat everything!!:D:tu:
Sorry, I wasn't specific...ALL of the noise is coming from the gap between the body and the door. I can poke my finger into the gap between the closed door and the body and the noise grows louder. Do I just get more weather stripping installed or what? Maybe re-bolt my door?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
My window rattles to like other said - ~2-4" . Thanks for the tip. I was going to ask this myself :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm with ya Tundrunk,,, there will always be that moment of "will it ? or will it snap?".......I've snapped a few in the past too ...lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
My truck exhibited the same rattle on the passenger window. Luckily it was under warranty so the dealer got to fix it. They didn't specify which bolt, but I bet it's the same one that loosened in your truck. I'd certainly recommend using Loctite blue on it to keep it from freeing up again.

Now I think my driver's side is rattling (and I'm out of warranty). :-(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts