Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my 02 Sequoia has developed this loud rattle that is driving me nuts! It's in the overhead console that houses the sunglass/homelink/overhead lights. It's right back where the sunglass holder part is. There is nothing in the holder when it rattles. You can actually put your hand on the molding around the area and feel something rattle against it. I took the overhead console out of the headliner and can't for the life of me figure out what might be banging up against something that is causing this rattle. Can't find anything that is loose or anything.

Any ideas??? It's pretty constant and since it's right there in the front by your head, you can't ignore it and turning the radio up loud enough to drown it out is getting old. Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Try expanding your search out a little, maybe has something to do with the sunroof ?

Sometimes sound and vibrations travel a little.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You might want to look at the wiring harness for the overhead console it is pretty big and could rattle around some.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This doesn't sound like your problem, but I had a rattle in my data display unit with the mileage, compass, etc. I had to take it out and take it apart. It has been a long time so I can remember exactly what it was, but it was obvious. It was the faceplate or something and I had to put a rubber bushing behind it to keep it still.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can take the whole thing off by unfacining the screws in the sunglass storage areas and check to see if the wire inside for the trip computer is loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts