Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again, it's been a very long time since I've posted here, I've been too busy on my money-pit.

I had a quick question, what are the available dropins that use my existing wiring and stuff for my Sequoia?

I have an 04 SR5 with the 6cd JBL and fog lights and a K&N.

I've been searching around and would like to add some goodies to personalize my truck.

What kind of options are available, either aftermarket stuff or factory parts off of a Limited etc? Are heated seats, folding mirrors, DRLs, anything like that an option? How about swapping in the new style headlamps with the little 'peircer beam' or whatever it is from a newer Sequoia or Tundra? What would have to be done to add the factory R/S power inverter and switch?

I also want to do the light bulb cover color change, but all the links in previous posts don't want to work. I've checked out the MCwhateveritis site and can't find the bulb covers.

Thanks in advance for the help!

John

EDIT:

Also, are there HID projectors that fit the Tundra / Sequoia brackets?

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Hello again, it's been a very long time since I've posted here, I've been too busy on my money-pit.

I had a quick question, what are the available dropins that use my existing wiring and stuff for my Sequoia?

I have an 04 SR5 with the 6cd JBL and fog lights and a K&N.

I've been searching around and would like to add some goodies to personalize my truck.

What kind of options are available, either aftermarket stuff or factory parts off of a Limited etc? Are heated seats, folding mirrors, DRLs, anything like that an option? How about swapping in the new style headlamps with the little 'peircer beam' or whatever it is from a newer Sequoia or Tundra? What would have to be done to add the factory R/S power inverter and switch?

I also want to do the light bulb cover color change, but all the links in previous posts don't want to work. I've checked out the MCwhateveritis site and can't find the bulb covers.

Thanks in advance for the help!

John

EDIT:

I forgot what web site I saw that was selling them but they now have color LED bulb replacements and from what I am told the white light looks GREAT. Much better then the factory "yellow" light. If someone does come accross the site with the LED bulb replacements PLEASE POST a link. :tu: Johnnny

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One other thing, are the TRD pads worth the extra money? How about OEM pads for the front?

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are some that replace your headlight bulb and use the stock housing. I bought an inexpensive set on ebay.

I think I used Hawk brake pads on the front of my Seq.

Alex

·
Registered
23 Posts
I forgot what web site I saw that was selling them but they now have color LED bulb replacements and from what I am told the white light looks GREAT. Much better then the factory "yellow" light. If someone does come accross the site with the LED bulb replacements PLEASE POST a link. :tu: Johnnny
Tail/brake lights:
LED Bulbs Superlumination.com Automotive Replacement Light Bulbs, Headlights, Foglights & Lamps)

Headlights, fog lights, liscense plate lights and interior lights:
Bilstein Shock Absorbers Strut Suspension Bilstein Shock Absorber

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have any ideas?

How hard would it be to add the factory spoiler off of a Limited and have it painted?

What about swapping the front bumper off of an 05+ onto an 04, to get the new sleek look?

If anything else, is there another forum where there are more Seq owners that are in tune with actually working on their vehicles?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am curious about heated seats. I have leather and the two spots for the rocker switches for heated seats are blanks. I wonder if I pop them out if the wiring is there for me to add the rockers and "enable" possible wiring that is already there? I purchased my Sequoia used, but I can't say I have ever seen leather seats with out heaters in the last few years.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can pull out the little black "tray" in to the left of those blanks, and you can access all of the wiring, for the mirrors and the seats. On my 04 SR5, the wiring is there and there is wiring in the seat that isn't connected, so I asked the parts guy if the heaters will fit, he said no but I think he had no clue.

Has anyone done this? Seems like Yoda made them easy for us...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts