Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no big chunks of metal, just a film of fines. Ran Autorx for 1k, then full w/ drop.
I personally have never had the pan off this truck. The dealer may have done it at 60k. That was the last time I let myself get robbed.

Best of all, my supertech dexIII is doing a fine job of protecting the innards.
been running ST for over40k, always come out looking good. 133k on this tranny. WOOOOOO Hoooooooooooo

·
Lifetime Member
241 Posts
How tough a time did you have cleaning off the old gasket material from the transmission pan and mating surfaces? What did you reseal it with?
I am going to be doing the trans pan drop routine on mine soon.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That was the last time I let myself get robbed.
No stealership goes to the extent of dropping the pan and cleaning the magnets -- period!!!! The pan itself has 20 odd bolts that have to be replaced along with the gasket when one drops the pan.

I don't replace the bolts since I have never had a leak. ST may be OK for 20K miles but won't take it beyond that, next time try some blends.

Gaskets come as one piece and can get it from the dealership. I must say it is a 2 hr job to be careful not to cross thread the bolts to the tranny which is soft aluminium while putting the bolts back in (also they have to be tightened in a zig-zag manner).

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well if the dealer never dropped the pan, at 133k it had nothing but fines, and not so many at that.

45k on the supertech dexIII.

I know, it's a little cheap, but a solid product nonetheless.

I probably change it every 15k or so, just because the flush at home is so easy.and costs maybe 25.00 or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts