Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have an old "Absorber" It works but it does not get all of the water. I have been hearing about Microfiber Drying towels anyone have any they would suggest??

thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like to use Mequiar's Water Magnet to dry my Tundra. It works the best when you double it twice. The best part about it is that you can toss it in the washer when you are done. Then the next time you wash your truck, you have a brand new water magnet!

Check your local Big Lots. I have found the Water Magnet there, along with tons of Mequiars products at over 50% off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like to use Mequiar's Water Magnet to dry my Tundra. It works the best when you double it twice. The best part about it is that you can toss it in the washer when you are done. Then the next time you wash your truck, you have a brand new water magnet!

Check your local Big Lots. I have found the Water Magnet there, along with tons of Mequiars products at over 50% off.
+1 :tu: Works great.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Water magnet is great, but I also use an absorber with great results. Here is a tip for chamois and waffle weave drying towels, dampen the towel before drying your truck. It works much better if it is already damp.

Cobra Waffle Weave from autogeek.net is the best I have found, can do the whole truck with one towel with minimal wringing.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Believe it or not...

The best thing I've ever used is an electric leaf blower! Or a gas one (if you prefer) but there's the possiblity of gas spilling on your truck! I've actually used both. It's actually a real time-saver! :tu:

It's not the "cure-all", but it certainly makes fast work of excess standing/beading water! And it makes the other products mentioned here work much more efficent and faster too!

It actually cuts drying time... IMPO... by almost half!

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Yeah Dave, I do that as well. Sheet the water with the nozzle off of the hose and then blow-dry and you have very little water to chamois. Reduces the risk of swirling.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Ditto to that. I dry with water then use the blower to get the big stuff left over and door jambs and grill and light assemblies. Those 2 combined leave me with a car that is about 90% dry. Then blot dry the rest with a waffle weave microfiber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts