Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just got the DT long tube headers installed w/ a flowmaster cat back installed. Also before the flowmaster muffler there are two exhaust cutouts.
1st question (and most important)
They had to remove all 4 cats and (not use) 2 o2 sensors (i assume they are the 2 aft ones. 1 has purple tape, 1 has brown tape) Obviously these are causing the ck engine light. I assume I have to get the URD o2 sim. Can I get away w/ only ordering 1 or do I have to order 2 sims?

2ndly, when I have the cutouts open they "release" after the H pipe but before the muffler. Will it hurt my motor at all running wide open like this every once in a while (ie. floating valves etc)

lastly, I have 4 "expensive" stock catilitic convertors, stock headers (manifolds) and stock muffler forsale. What would be the best route to sell these? Craigs list? scrap yard?

thank you very much in advance for all your experianced opnions:)

·
Registered
819 Posts
You will have to email URD to get that answer. I removed my front 2 catz and installed one O2 sim and no CEL for over a year now. How you like the LT's? Got to put up sound clip.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the sound is pretty diecent. loud as hell w/ the cutouts open:) so has anyone that has DTs removed the two aft O2 sensors?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on now yall. I don't wanna keep driving this thing if it's gonna hurt nething... tell me all the info ya got. lol

·
Registered
819 Posts
I dont think it will hurt you to drive for a little while. I would not go out of town or anything like that. I think it will make your truck run rich.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
If I were you, I would email or call URD's, Gadget. He will have the answers for you.

MAN, I can't wait to get my LTs installed, but now I am waiting until after I get the TundraRacing Lowering 2" front and 4 1/2 inch kit installed next week after it is delivered.

I started to seriously consider the supercharger again as I was saving up money, but decided not to spend so much money to make my BIG truck faster but not as fast as most of the vehicles at the track. So I am keeping and installing the LTs to make it faster than most trucks.........

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Good call TK on the SC, but why are you waiting until AFTER the drop when it'll be harder to install the LTs? lol Seems like even though it'll be on a lift, it'll still be a PITA.

However, you can delete the rear two 02 sensors as long as the front two are there I believe. Now, regarding the 02 sims from URD, I dunno how they do it since I don't have LTs. Deleting the rear two cats on a stock truck and ridding the truck of the o2 senors will not throw a CEL, so I've read on here.

-rockstate

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Good call TK on the SC, but why are you waiting until AFTER the drop when it'll be harder to install the LTs? lol Seems like even though it'll be on a lift, it'll still be a PITA.

However, you can delete the rear two 02 sensors as long as the front two are there I believe. Now, regarding the 02 sims from URD, I dunno how they do it since I don't have LTs. Deleting the rear two cats on a stock truck and ridding the truck of the o2 senors will not throw a CEL, so I've read on here.

-rockstate
I understand your point about the headers before the lowering kit, but since I plan to do the headers with a friend or two, it has been too difficult setting up a time. My local contact is ready to install the lowering kit. We will see what's up..........

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
LOL Tiger... we're gonna have to add your Header install to the "Diablo Tuner" list of "Things we're waiting for but may never come" :rofl:

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
LOL Tiger... we're gonna have to add your Header install to the "Diablo Tuner" list of "Things we're waiting for but may never come" :rofl:
AHH! That is funny! A little JONING motivation never hurts. Time is an issue for me, but it will get done my Detroit brother.........

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Oxygen sensors downstream from the catalysts are there to measure catalyst efficiency. If these are the O2s that were left out, you will not hurt a thing by driving it and your DTCs will be low catalyst efficiency BK1 and BK2 as well as possible resistance codes like O2heater failure.
Upstream oxygen sensors send rich/lean info to the PCM for fuel mixture purposes.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
Here you go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, so I just got the DT long tube headers installed w/ a flowmaster cat back installed. Also before the flowmaster muffler there are two exhaust cutouts.
1st question (and most important)
They had to remove all 4 cats and (not use) 2 o2 sensors (i assume they are the 2 aft ones. 1 has purple tape, 1 has brown tape) Obviously these are causing the ck engine light. I assume I have to get the URD o2 sim. Can I get away w/ only ordering 1 or do I have to order 2 sims?

#2 ---- when I have the cutouts open they "release" after the H pipe but before the muffler. Will it hurt my motor at all running wide open like this every once in a while (ie. floating valves etc)

#3--- I have 4 "expensive" stock catilitic convertors, stock headers (manifolds) and stock muffler forsale. What would be the best route to sell these? Craigs list? scrap yard?

#4- out of ALLLLLL the people with DT's, am I the only holding two 02 sensors in my hand? What did the rest of you do with them to get the ck eng light off? Come on, I havent had my truck for weeks and now that I have it all I wanna do is drive it and I'm counting on your educated responses in order for me to make the educated decision to drive it and what parts to order. pls help.

thank you very much in advance for all your experianced opnions:)
Thank you for the advice, I emailed URD and hopefully they will get back to me soon... now for the other questions please?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Awesome setup. I want to hear some sound clips.

I have always wanted to run LT headers with the exhaust cutouts like you have done. I had the cutouts on my SS Trailblazer, but not coming out of headers.

One thing you might consider, running with the cutouts open wont hurt the engine or anything. But it kills low-end torque (maybe less so with the LT's) due to lack of sufficient backpressure. I could really feel it on my TBSS. I had several recommendations to add a "torque tube", which was about 18" of 2.5" pipe after the cutouts to help with that. It wont effect the sound, but it might help when you need that low end with the cutouts open (like when you are racing).

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The first info I sent you was incorrect. The URD sims are not really simulators, but piggyback modules that interrupt the signal from the original O2 and send a new signal to the PCM. To us them, you will need to weld bungs into your new exhaust and reuse your O2 sensors. The URD module will wire into the harness between the O2 sensors and the PCM. Sorry for the confusion, I assumed that they were run-of-the-mill O2 simulators.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts