Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so I need to know if there is anyone else that is running the DT's w/ aftermarket exhaust w/ no cats??? Because I have the dt's w/ a H pipe dual 2 3/4 catback and have all 4 o2 sensors installed w/ the urd sim installed on the two rear ones and after 20 miles the light came back on.
I removed the positive battery cable again, re verified that i felt the "click" on all the o2 connections and removed the electric cutouts and put on the block off plates so there was absolutly no leak (the electrics leaked a little) reconnected the battery and again, after about 20 miles, it came on. Anyone have any advice on how to fix this problem?
thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm good idea. i have a meter and know how to use it, i would just need to know what I should b reading and from which color wires?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Check to see if the sims are installed correctly. The guy who installed mine hooked them up wrong. There are w wires on the sim that go to the wire from the O2 and one that goes to the wire back to the ecm. He just tied all 3 together, and did not cut the O2 wire and route the signal threw the sim. Hope this helps. You can also get your code read and call or email them for what to look for.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe you have the old sims. URD has the new ones where they are actually stupid proof. All connectors, takes about 3 mins to install. As long as all the connectors "click" (like I stated earlier) then it cannot be installed wrong.
So does anyone know how to ohm through this and what readings you should get so I can see if its the sim thats bad or something else?
thanks again

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have DT Long tubes/Tri Y's whatever you wanna call em, no cats, URD O2 sim hard wired/soldered in line with the rear 2 sensors and no probs. I did not know they now have plug an play model. That is awesome(if it worked) I would have definitely went that route. My advice if it truly is plug and play and states to install on rear two sensors is send the unit back to URD and get a new one as it seems is not working properly. Cause if it truly is plug and play Then there should be no issues if all connectors are different. Just double over the instructions to ensure this. Good luck, pm me with any further questions or repost.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You can also hit up the local parts store and have em run a scan to ensure its coming from the rear 2 sensors as it obviously probably is. I actually had a sensor damaged when I removed it from the original parts and had to get a new one from the dealer to get everything working right. My old sensor was seized in the exhaust and took forever to get out.

If it makes you feel better I just gotta check engine light last night on my way home from work, checked with scan tool today and mine is from the mass airflow meter though! SOB! I am going to clean it now as i think my previous oiled filter might of contaminated it? At least I hope cause I dont wanna have to buy any more parts! I currently use a dry filter.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I guess the spark plug non-fouler modification didn't work, huh?
X2 on the non foulers.

And this is gonna sound crazy, but pull your codes with the sims on and with them off. On my 1gen. with the sims off is was getting a 420 and 430, rear 02 code. With the sims on it was the code for the front 2 02's!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts