Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys this is about as good as I can do... it's just that loud! lol. Unless I'm more then 50ft away then it's gonna sound like this. Sorry

YouTube - DSCF0383.AVI

·
Registered
753 Posts
I love the little dog in the background that comes out to see wtf is going on, his expression is hilarious

-Tim

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
haha, I want a set of those LTs now. Mind if I ask how much plus install?

How much louder did they make your catback?

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lmao... yeah i saw my dog come out too. her look is classic!
the Lt's were $585, the flowmaster and y pipes were $550.
They charged me $800 labor :( On the plus side I have all the stock exhaust (4 cats, headers, muffler etc) so if I can sell that then that'll offset it a little, if not a scrap yard said they would gimme $150 for everything.
that's y i decided to install the electric cutouts myself. I found the drain plug (about a 2" rubber gasket underneith the carpet behind the front passenger seat) so I ran all the wiring throught there then removed the front and rear right side plastic door sills and spliced my power and ground wires into my 10 gauge amp wiring.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Dang, Labor on that sucker is expensive.

Can you break it down any further into just labor of the LTs? How much louder did the LTs make the rest of the exhaust?

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to b honest I dont know cause I had the catback installed the same time the dts were installed, I'm assuming quite a bit louder w/out ne cats and all. Oh forgot to mention... just got back from napa, bought 2 02 bungs for $40 (expensive for u damn pieces of metal) and then went to the local shop and he welded them in for $30. On the way home no ck engine lt, but i reset the ecu (battery, lol) and im gonna make the longer drive to work tomorrow and c what happens.

I just looked at the reciept and it wasn't broken down. But that shop (LA county, big well known shop/tuner, blah blah blah) is pricey @ $85 an hr. I've went to reputible shops before that are only $60 an hour. But he straight up told me that he's installed countless headers on many many vehicles and those were the hardest by far. He said one side was easy but the other was a f-in nightmere. lol. (i dont remember what side) Either way, I would guestimate 5-6 hrs for any shop to charge you in labor for the headers alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts