Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had planned on having 2 Flowmaster 40 series installed on my truck with either an H or X pipe. So I emailed them on what they would recommend and was told that they would advise going with a true dual setup. The guy said I would lose torque and power and should instead go with a single muffler. For those of you who run 2 mufflers, have you noticed any loss in power? I really want that nice flowmaster rumble, but don't want to lose power in the process:ts:

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
I have that set up on mine with out a cross over. I have not noticed any loss but I also have an airaid cold air intake. It really depends on the pipe size you go with. I stayed with the 2.25 OEM size. with duals you are running 2.25 for each bank which increases flow like runing a single larger diameter pipe. I don't know the formula but you should be safe with true duals. I don't hot rod around too much but if I need to all the power is there to be unleashed. A floor stomp from a dead stop seems slightly sluggish but I am also turning 22" wheels with 305-45-22 tires at about 90 lb per tire/wheel combo, which is substantially more than a stock tire set up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts